Jet Fighter with Longest Range

Please correct me if this is a duplicate.
So I’ve be using jet fighters F-14 F-22 etc., to do FNF flights or regular schedules. So does anyone know, if you use full power “N1=100%” with a full tank, which jet fighter will has the longest range?

2 Likes

Hmm that’s a hard question

1 Like

@Greg78 has done a lot of analysis on this ;)

4 Likes

I believe it is the Grumman F-14

Don’t quote me on that though.

2 Likes

Factoring speed/velocity I would say the F22.

If we were talking about keeping the aircraft within speed limitations I would say F14.

But you did mention having the N1=100% so yes F22, you’ll reach over 1,000 Knots in no time and you’ll cover a lot of ground…

1 Like

And if you run out of fuel in an F-22 at mach 3+, you have enough energy to glide seemingly forever.

2 Likes

I honestly think it might be the raptor. I’ve made the F-22 with 5 hours flight time before.

3 Likes

The raptor-F22 has the longest range. Took off from an air base near boston, got to mach 3 pretty quickly and set off across the Atlantic. I ran out of fuel half way over but I managed to glide that baby into Shannon,Ireland. A 6h 20m flight!

5 Likes

If you had cutoff an engine between around fifty and thirty miles out you would have had enough fuel for a normal powered landing without needing to glide in… try it next time !

3 Likes

Ill guess ill try it later on today!

1 Like

I also side with the F-22. While im not sure if the fuel capacities built into IF match those of an F22 with external tanks it does apprear to have some of the criteria. RW we had a pair of F22s fly from Elmo to Peterson in around 5 hours on external tanks and no AR.

3 Likes

Thanks guys, now I have some ideas.

1 Like

If you shutoff one engine the max ranges with 90% n1 @ FL360-FL370 are as follows.

1. F-22 (2200-2300nm)
  2. F-16 (2000-2200nm)
  3. F-14 (1900-2100nm)
  4. F/A 18 (600-900nm) lol 😂

If you leave both the engines on, the F-22 and F-14 drop about 800nm in range.

I haven’t tested the ranges at 100% throttle. I bet the F-16 has the best range in that situation.

8 Likes

Poor F-18 lol. She really does get the short end of the stick lol.

1 Like

Haha she definitely did, but mostly they fly outta carriers so I guess range is not really a big issue for them.

After gallivanting all over the sky a week or so ago with GAF Col Slam Bang Pow…if l had not cut off an engine on my F-22 l never would have had enough fuel to land back at KEDW…l got about 30 more min of flying time !

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.