Jet bridge issue at JFK

Device:iPhone X
Operating system: iOS 16.2
At JFK Terminal 4A gate 5 there is an issue with the jet bridge this leaves a huge gap on the left side of the aircraft, while the right side of the aircraft is being punctured by the jet bridge I don’t know if this is something that has to do with the jet bridge system itself, or if it has to do with the way, the editor placed the Jet Bridges but it’s a problem

2 Likes

Hey! You’re part of the IFAET, please note this issue in the appropriate airport thread.

1 Like

From what I have seen my opinion is certain gates at JFK the jet bridge placement/parking set up is more conducive to reach door L2 on the wide-body jets and not L1. The parking is so far forward IRL on the L1 door is compared to the jet-bridge.
So with IF having the limitation of only going to L1 and the Hood not moving in IF it might create this situation.
I could be wrong but just what I think when looking at JFK vs other airports.

2 Likes

Rather than being an issue with the airport, I would say it’s with the system. Since the canopy can’t tilt the issue is caused. Assuming the jetbridge is placed correctly, which it most probably is, the solution now would most likely have to be an update with the jet bridges since moving them would be considered “unrealistic”. All in all, issues similar to this with jet bridges puncturing or not reaching the fuselage, seem to be very common.

1 Like

Can the system for the jetbridges be reprogrammed to position itself if its a single jetbridge operating on that gate, to reach for the L2 instead. so that the head of jetbridge doesn’t have to squeeze onto the L1, as it doesn’t follow the curvature of the front aft of the fuselage near the nose. With the single jetbridge operating on the L2, it would just position itself straight onto the fuselage.

1 Like

I believe they are aware of this issue.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.