Jeppesen Charts

Hello wonderful community, can i fly IFR with Jeppesen charts? For example now i’m flying from UUDD-WSSS and i’m looking at WSSS arrival ILS 20R, can i’m focusing at this?

Yes you can - be aware that the ones you can find just with a Google search may be outdated though.

1 Like

Nope, i’m using Jepp View with all charts. they are updated to 2020.

It depends. If you use websites like this https://vau.aero/navdb/chart/EGLL.pdf (EGLL example) then the charts may be outdated, and not to the nearest AIRAC. Being updated to 2020 does not mean being the latest AIRAC. However, if you have a subscription to Navigraph Charts, then they supply their charts updated to the newest AIRAC (it’s super expensive and not worth buying for IF though).

I would recommend chartfox.org for free up-to-date charts. All you need is a VATSIM account!

Using JeppView but also, thx!

1 Like

Then you can definitely use them. ATC commands are to be followed (as it is in real life) over the charts, but otherwise these are a great help and can make flying more fun and more realistic!

1 Like

Always using charts, it’s making my flight very real…

1 Like

I have just re-read the original question and when it comes to IFR it’s more about the instruments of the Aircraft (ND, PFD) then the Charts, which just help with the orientation.

But yes, you can fly IFR with the charts :)

Oh i’m wrong i mean IRL - In Real Life.

I must admit I don’t really understand the exact question then, but I am sure someone else will be able to help!

Hey! In real life, yes, Jepp charts are the standard for most airlines across the world (if that’s what you’re asking).