@Jennifer23 doing a great job at atc today. Ima head off know.
@Jennifer23 i will have some feedback for you shortly, but please don’t get down on yourself! You had a full traffic workload to deal with, and you were working through it the best you could!
Thank you very much for the kind words @City_Flyer I made a few mistakes but its all apart of the learning curb :)
Tbh your much much much better than me.
Okie! If I do not reply tonight I’ll check in the morning, thank you for coming and thx for the kind words ^-^
PHNL is now closed :)
Hey there! You did good, just a few mistakes to work on.
- The transition altitude should’ve been 3,000 feet not 2,500 feet. The formula to solve transition altitude is this Airport’s Altitude + 1,500 feet + 1,000 feet = Your altitude for the transition . So in that case, PHNL’s airport altitude is about 60 ft so I’d add that and add 1,500 feet + 1,000 feet, I’d get 2,500 feet. But then, I’m not done. I have to round UP to the nearest 500. Then you get 3,000 feet. Which is your transition altitude.
See this for more information
- You forgot to give D-RAZE after the option make left/right traffic. This is required if someone request a runway change and they’re doing touch and goes. So an example is let’s say I’m flying patterns at an airport on runway 22. And I want to switch to runway 15. So, you would first give me a pattern entry for runway 15. Next, you would give me what aircraft I’m following (If there’s traffic going to land on that runway.) If I’m the only one for that runway. You can just give me number 1. Next you would select cleared for the option. And then you’ll see after the option make left or right traffic. So then it’s your choice to either give me left or right traffic.
- You forgot to clear me for the option on my 1st pattern. This is KEY and you’re required to give this command out for when someone is doing touch and goes.
- SpeedBird 345 should’ve been given number 3, traffic to follow is on final since N121WS said that they were going around.
- HA-BIL should’ve been cleared for the option as number 2.
- You forgot to sequence me on my last pattern. This is also required if someone else is landing or doing touch and goes on the same runway.
- You forgot to give D-RAZE a go around command when he was getting a little close to the runway with traffic still on the runway.
- You forgot to give me an exit runway command. Exit runway commands for commercial aircraft (example A320’s B737’s) should be given in between 70 knots and 40 knots. If it’s a general aviation aircraft (example TBM 930, C172’s) give them the exit runway command below 40 knots. If your late with the exit runway command below that speed. Don’t worry. Your ok, still give them the command. But if there on the taxiway, plus crossed the hold short line. Just give them to contact ground or Unicom.
Thanks Jen! Feel free to tag me next time you open 😄
Hey Jennifer! I was N121WS in the Cessna 172 - the reason for choosing this aircraft being to test your spacial awareness which I must admit needs a slight bit more practice; but nothing wrong with that. Now onto your feedback! 😊
I would recommend making use of all runways even if they are intersecting when having high volumes of traffic. I could have easily taken off from 4R even if it was only a departure runway and then put on 8L.
You probably could have gotten me out before D-RAZE however its good to be safe so all good there!
No LUAW command when D-RAZE went past the threshold. Cole mentioned this too, being proactive is a fantastic tool especially when I am in a light aircraft.
I don’t know why the 737 was cleared for takeoff first when I requested but the only issue there is courtesy haha!
When the 737 took off he was already off the ground before you had cleared me; this leads to the point before about being proactive with departures because it allows you to get them out quickly. There was no way I would have caught up with that 737 being in my small C172.
To make your life easier I would always recommend clearing inner aircraft and GA aircraft before airliners because they make much tighter patterns and mean for no conflict.
On my first final despite putting it in chat and using countless report commands I still wasn’t cleared and had to G/A. Sequence + Clear aircraft early so you don’t get yourself in a muddle like this. It’s a really awesome tip.
On my second attempt I should have been cleared for No. 2 on 8L not No 3. because MJP was already past the threshold.
And lastly no exit runway command. I know its tricky when dealing with so many aircraft however it really is important to get the hang off!
Thats it from me awesome first session! Well done! Hopefully I see you as IFATC soon! Refrain from tagging me next time you open; I will come when free! 😊
Thank you for the feedback! As stated previously i’ll have a better look at it tomorrow and will see where i can implement your tips! Thank you for coming along and i’ll for sure tag you just pm me on here when you can! :)
Thank you for your feedback! I will for sure take note of these tomorrow and Im sorry that I tagged u I had no clue i did i’ll refrain from doing that next time! :)
Feel free to tag me next time you open
Will do! It seems I have alot of work to do ready for my practical test this weekend haha
Worst case scenario you can always postpone it if you don’t think you’re ready :) Your recruiter would understand
Same here! @Jennifer23 I think that, after reviewing the rest of the feedback, you have all the major points needed! I will, however, add one thing: When an aircraft reports “on (pattern leg), runway xx, full stop”, you should use the “Clear to land” command instead of “Cleared for the option.” When they call in like this, they are announcing their intentions of terminating pattern work, and while clearing for the option still clears them to land, it is better to clear to land. This way, you can know they won’t take off again and catch you off guard
Open @ LFBO
Please file a flight plan prior to requesting pushback unless doing patternwork
Thread status & Info
Runways: 32L, 32R
Hopefully not as many people show up as last time lol
I’ll stop by!
Thank you! :)
No issues for me! Great session today!
Thank you so much MJP! I took on ur advice from last session and also u happened to do the same thing another IFATC member did right before u spawned and I used his feedback which I only made one error for him and I used it for u hehe