Japanese Pilot found intoxicated at London Heathrow

No i think he means what is it in american measurments becuase they use imperial

Gram and liter is imperial.

1 Like

No, many serious charges including public endangerment

Yeah and Google can answer that if you convert from mg to lbs or is he searching for some other volume measurements?

1 Like

No, its metric. Ounce and pounds

Ounce and Pounds right?

1 Like

189mg ≈ 0.000416674 lbs

100ml ≈ 0.2205 lbs

That is what I’ve found so far and is the most accurate count that I can make out when counting on a calculator.

2 Likes

Not sure??

Well the conversion of the volume above is the most accurate ones I can get.

I’ve checked up with multiple websites and used a advanced graf-calculator to get accurate numbers and what can be seen above are the closest numbers you’ll be able to get in lbs (Pounds).

1 Like

This surprisingly happens a lot pilots getting in off flights heading out for drinks with crew and don’t return until the early hours and fly out the next morning

2 Likes

It shouldn’t be happening though. Theres hundreds of lives at risk.

1 Like

Luckily they caught the guy before anything worse could happen!

2 Likes

…maybe you should use oz. for the first number and fluid oz. for the second if you want Imperial measurements.
(That sounds like Star Wars.) :)

1 Like

Yeah I say that pilot wanted to party and went to heavy on the booze it’s tireing and stressful doing them flights as well it happens to all of us and anyways alcohol is cleared out of the system the next morning he probably just had one big hangover

Hopefully he has learned that safety and health is the Main priority

2 Likes

As insanely terrible as this is on a safety level, think of this on the other end as well. This pilot spent tons of hours of his life and tons of money to get where he is. Why the heck would he do something like this to throw it all away? This whole thing blows m mind.

1 Like

One stupid decision can go a long ways, you have a great point.

1 Like

Ok everyone, I did the math, and here’s how it turned out:

If the man had the weight of an average adult (150 to 180 lbs), then he probably had around 5,000 mL of blood in his entire body.

Now we’ll assume that the alcohol was mixed evenly throughout his entire bloodstream.

You just need to multiply each number by 50, and you get 9.45g of alcohol per 5000mL of blood.

Now considering that one average small wine glass contains “10 grams of pure alcohol”…
Oh wait a second… that means he didn’t even drink one whole glass… wait… that can’t be right…

Long story short - arithmetic is no match for alcohol. (R.I.P. @Captain_JR)

2 Likes

R.I.P Me?? Your calculations show he didn’t drink even one galss. How can someone become that intoxicated then?

How does one become intoxicated by 10 grams? Or well that depends on what he drank and how much he cam handle personally.

2 Likes

I’m no doctor, but I think his body must have absorbed most of the alcohol by that point (or something like that).
Maybe the alcohol in your bloodstream is just whatever’s left over? I’m not sure.

2 Likes