Japan teams up with Boeing, Airbus, & Uber to make flying car. [Please close]

Here is the link to the topic :
24/8/18

What do you think? Any ideas or thoughts?

I have checked and there is no other topic regarding to this

This topic will NOT TOLERATE (will be Flagged 🚩)

1. Offensive language or anything other of that kind.
  2. Anything else other than the topic. (please PM me for any more info)
6 Likes

I think that sounds so weird!

3 Likes

sounds scary…

But I love it!

2 Likes

What exactly is the benefit of a flying car? Would people be willing to pay [insert large sum of money] to skip traffic or fly across the ocean?

8 Likes

That would actually be very interesting in if!

1 Like

Where I am right now, I’m not exactly able to read the article. But what could be the possible consequences of a flying car? I’m thinking that things like terrorist attacks or other criminal acts could get so much worse if no certification process is put in place.

But this is a nice concept. If pilots don’t go through the same certification as a normal private pilot and don’t plan on taking off from and landing on runways, then hopefully some significant technology can be released allowing the general public to safely fly machines like these.

1 Like

A good point to consider!

1 Like

Boeing and Airbus working together?

3 Likes

Yeah somehow it happened. Though Embraer with Boeing
Airbus with Bombardier??

Is a flying car a good idea?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

** Poll open 🔓 **

1 Like

Ew no… please just no 😂

2 Likes

What is the point of planes if you have a car that flies… 🤦‍♂️

3 Likes

I don’t think we need this. It will cost more nerdy than a regular car, and who needs to skip traffic when self-driving cars eleminate it entirely. It’s just a gimick to please the mainstream media.

2 Likes

The only thing is that when people want to fly over traffic, others will want to do the same and then you will have traffic in the air too. You would also have to watch out for aircraft. Also think about drug routes here in North America. It will be almost impossible to secure officials in order to prevent the spread of drugs.

3 Likes

Planes will be faster. I feel like flying cars have more space to go and not just a road but it might have the same speed as a regular car. It would just be able to fly.

Planes will always be faster and prettier.

2 Likes

Flying car I would love to see the price tag

4 Likes

Honestly when it comes to motor veichles such as cars, we need to invent driverless cars. Have every car have an autopilot system that communicates with each other, that is what is needed in order to prevent the already huge number of fatal crashes we have.

This should be done before we do any flying cars, besides if millions of people can’t drive on ROADS and die every year on the ground. What makes you think having them take their cars to the sky will be a good idea?

3 Likes

Flying cars would be great at first. But overtime as more and more people acquire them the sky’s will start to fill up and inevitably become just as crowed as the roads on earth. Don’t even get me started on if these cars weren’t autonomous. If people had to go to the DFV, (Department of flying vechicles of course) and actually get a pilots license it could take a long time to actually get in the air.

I agree with @Chief305. I think that self driving cars (Flying or not) are the future. I highly recommend watching this video By CPG to learn more on self driving cars.

If we are going to get flying cars to the public then we need them to be autonomous.

2 Likes

I don’t know what’s the purpose of this. It’ll be SUPER expensive and if you want to go over the ocean fly with a plane.

Maybe it won’t poluate that much

2 Likes

I dont see how a flying car couldn’t be a gas guzzler. (Unless it’s electric)

2 Likes