JAL expands Alaska codeshare with Seattle route

Hello Ifc, Japan Airlines has announced a new Seattle route starting on March 31, 2019. The route will be operated by a 787-8 and will be Japan Airlines 6th location on the US west coast. This route will also be operated by American Airlines. This route is currently operated daily by All Nippon Airlines and Delta, (Delta’s 767-300ER and ANA’s 787-8). Japan Airlines previously flew from Tokyo to Seattle and back, but the route was suspended in 1992. The Alaska Airlines codeshare will allow for 40+ connections from this flight. What do you guys think about this route? Is it a good or bad move for JAL and do you think it is a market they could profit in?

Btw, this is my first ever Real World Aviation topic, so if i did anything wrong, please correct me:) thanks.

5 Likes

Oh lah lah,now I can visit Boeing from Tokyo!

1 Like

Hmm 🤔, thought this route was operated by them already. Although competition seems tight with Delta and ANA.

1 Like

With an Alaska codeshare,it seems to be a good move

However there is already competition with Delta and ANA which is Japan’s preferred airline

So I Grade it as an “ok move”

1 Like

@Pilot_urp @anon7075715 It’ll definitely be a tough market to move into as it doesn’t have the kind of traffic Los Angeles or San Francisco would have from Asia, however the Alaskan codeshare definetely helps.

1 Like

Hope they expand back to ANC one day

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.