I was about to test out the transition, but you have already left haha. Maybe next time then ;)
It was a good session, but there are some things that need to be work on
- On my first pattern, you issued “Cleared for takeoff, make right traffic”. I did right traffic and you issued “Enter left downwind runway XX”. Perhaps it was a confusion. Keep in mind that aircrafts staying in a pattern doesn’t need to be issued another new pattern entry. Unless he’s going against the traffic you instructed (e.g. You instructed me to do right traffic, but I do left traffic instead)
- You don’t need to issue new pattern instructions everytime an aircraft goes to another pattern phase. Remember, one pattern entry for every pattern. You don’t need to issue one to an aircraft on base when you have given one earlier while he was on downwind.
- On my second pattern, when you gave me another pattern entry to a new runway (From 21R to 21L after I was being told to do left traffic), the correct pattern entry should have been “Enter left downwind runway 21L” instead of “Enter right downwind runway 21L”. Again like point number one earlier, it could be a confusion of traffic
- When I asked for a runway change, you gave me clearance immediately. Remember, you need to give a new pattern entry to the aircraft first if you want to give a new runway, followed by a clearance (with traffic direction as he is entering a new pattern. In this case for pattern works only). Just treat it like an inbound from outside the airport ;)
- Pattern Entry + Sequence (If there is any traffic)
- Clearance (Always remember to give a new traffic direction if the aircraft intends to do touch and goes)
For aircrafts staying on pattern
- Sequence (If there is any traffic)
To better understand about how ATC works, check out this video! ;)
Hope to see you as an IFATC soon! Good luck!