J-F_V's Radar Tracking Thread - [CLOSED] @ (TS)

standard-2

Ready for some mountains fun?

ATC info:

Time: 2022-10-14T00:30:00Z2022-10-14T02:00:00Z
Airport: KPVU
Server: Training
Frequencies: Approach
Runways use: 13
Others:

• VIS, RV, ILS, GPS

FYI / Area of focus:

• Terrain and traffic

(Please report any bust less than 3NM lateral / 1000 ft vertical)

Tags

@Ramzi_Khairan @BT_HANDLES @FN60fps @Michael_Sides1 @RickG @Stef_Smet@MrHighFlyerVATSIM

3 Likes

I am ground tower

1 Like

standard-2

Let’s fly the beauty of Honolulu today!

ATC info:

Time: [date-range from=2022-10-18T10:15:00 to=2022-10-18T11:0
0:00 timezone=“America/Toronto”]
Airport: PHNL
Runways use: 08’s
Others:

• VIS, RV, ILS, GPS

FYI / Area of focus:

• Trafic separation / gaps

[details=“Tags”]
@Ramzi_Khairan @BT_HANDLES @FN60fps @Michael_Sides1 @RickG @Stef_Smet @MrHighFlyerVATSIM @aviation_31 [/details]

1 Like

Feel free to add me to your tag list

1 Like

thanks
Will do

1 Like

standard-2

Honolulu and its beauty tonight…

ATC info:

Time: 2022-10-20T00:00:00Z2022-10-20T01:30:00Z
Airport: PHNL
Runways use: 08’s
Others:

• VIS, RV, ILS, GPS

FYI / Area of focus:

• Traffic separation / Gaps

Tags

@Ramzi_Khairan @BT_HANDLES @FN60fps @Michael_Sides1 @RickG @Stef_Smet@MrHighFlyerVATSIM @Endurable

2 Likes

Tag me also if you could keep a little late I could have comed.

standard-2

Kaboul’s mountains on the menu tonight…

ATC info:

Time: 2022-10-26T00:30:00Z2022-10-26T01:30:00Z
Airport: OAKB
Runways use: 29
Others:

• VIS, RV, ILS, GPS

FYI / Area of focus:

• Terrain

Tags

@Ramzi_Khairan @BT_HANDLES @FN60fps @Michael_Sides1 @RickG @Stef_Smet @MrHighFlyerVATSIM @Endurable @Yash_Prabhu

Visual: This was quite high, hence why I called the MA. The main problem came from when you told me to descend 5000ft from DW to base. That’s a pretty big decent for that turn and I was not gonna make it to 7000ft in time. I would recommend giving me a lower altitude for DW (if possible) if that wouldn’t had worked then you can always extend to full cone, for a better approach.

The MA was going good until you disregarded my base turn and turned me 070* instead. This took me straight for a mountain and I had a 498’ bust.

I also noticed you were using a lot of vectors. You did mention this but just try to minimize your vectors more. It can be pretty difficult to navigate around this terrain but if you know where to turn aircrafts before you do so then you can have a more efficient session. That’s why a good plan is always needed. Looked like you were trying to figure out where to turn me as you did it.

ILS: No issues here.

Thanks for the service. It probably made it harder since ifatc.org is down and Kabuls terrain is absolutely crazy but I’m pretty sure you can find other sources to help out, maybe you already did but I’m just sayin. Well you still did great! Have a good one 💯

1 Like

Thanks so lot for your visit and feedbacks!! 😍

I was affraid of this mountain when I disregard your first base turn 😂 Not better to send you right on with the full cone 💀🤦🏼‍♂️

I tried live flight but there is so much lag 😢

Your feedbacks are much appreciated bro thanks again and have a nice one!

2 Likes

For terrain without ifatc.org, I like to use approach charts also skyvector is a good site to know the terrain and it also has charts for you to use, I don’t know if you’ve tried these, I personally wouldn’t use live flight.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip!! 😍

1 Like

standard-2

Nellis AFB tonight, see you in Nevada

ATC info:

Time: 2022-10-29T01:00:00Z2022-10-29T02:00:00Z
Airport: KLSV
Runways use: 21’s
Others:

• VIS, RV, ILS, GPS

FYI / Area of focus:

• Terrain

(Please report any bust less than 3NM lateral / 1000 ft vertical with other a/c and 1000 vertical with terrain)

Tags

@Ramzi_Khairan @BT_HANDLES @FN60fps @Michael_Sides1 @RickG @Stef_Smet @MrHighFlyerVATSIM @Endurable @Yash_Prabhu

@J-F_V @BT_HANDLES are expert server controllers allowed to open training server frequencies ?

Only under special permission.

IFATC are not allowed to open on training server unless under permission of their trainers for officer training process purposes…

1 Like

You should Never open on the training server when qualified on the expert. Just as JFV stated, the only time you may open on TS is when your under Radar training and your trainer gives you permission.

Hope this helps!

2 Likes