It's that time of the year

Again. My yearly recurrent.

Days where I sleep the least, study non stop, tell my wife I don’t exist, live off energy drinks (sadly) and my legs being sore from V1 cuts and single engine hand flown approaches. It’s called the sweat box for a reason.

Will add more pics, but here are a couple for now.

Embraer Phenom 300 Sim

Bonus points if you know what city the plane set to depart in ; )

45 Likes

That’s really cool! I wish I could fly in that and I’m going to guess the city is Dallas?

1 Like

Good luck!

1 Like

No. I wish. I have most of the fixes memorized onto DAL and DFW lol.

It’s in the east coast. Huge hint 😉

1 Like

Thank you. Checkride is in two days 😣

1 Like

Beautiful aircraft! I got to sit in one at Oshkosh last year. Best of luck to you on your check ride! If you’ve been studying hard like you said you have nothing to worry about!

1 Like

Goodluck!!! You got this for sure 😎

1 Like

Thank you. And she is beautiful. Wish she was faster though. Haha!

Most recurrents are about two-three weeks. Mine is 4 days. Being that short is pretty overwhelming. Every year o have studied and passed. The stress never goes lol . Maybe one day. Ha

1 Like

Thank you. And we will find out haha!

Still waiting on a visit 😂. But have fun with recurrent and good luck.

1 Like

Same. Only flew 14 hrs last month. Once it picks up hope to finally meet up. And thank you.

I’ve been in a 737 simulator, but it is no where near as professional as that one. It even is full motion. Sick bro.

1 Like

I agree. I’ve been in SWAs sim bays and did my ATP phase in a 320 and it will not come close to a legacy, falcon sim bay. I’ll try and get a picture of a G6 sim. It will blow you away. No Boeing or a Bus sim will come close to it.

The 300 looks like an alien capsule to me. Lol. And yes, it’s a full level D sim. It has to be to get a type rating.

1 Like

Your welcome! I know some good restaurants around hear. Perfect for an overnight.

1 Like

New York City? or Charlotte

1 Like

Heck yes! Absolutely down!

@N1RG correct on your first choice. Almost all training is done in JFK or Memphis.

2 Likes

I mean Im just that good jkjk. Flown into NYC one time irl so

1 Like

Airport is JFK. I’ve flown that exact simulator before. Quite an amazing experience.

1 Like

It definitely is. Well, unless you have practice emergencies and V1 cuts, then the experience is not as fun lol

Really interesting! All the training is for a good reason, but the stress/pressure isn’t the most dun part of the job I imagine. Thanks for sharing!

0 clue about the city…

1 Like