It's Rewind Time | 2020 Edition

Welcome to My Yearly Review, 2020 Style…

2020 was a year like no other. We faced many challenges mentally and physically. But this year didn’t stop me from doing what I love to do.

Probably one of my favorite shots ever. I love how the livery sticks out with the snow and the mountains. (Feb. 2020)

One of frontiers last a319’s on short final at Denver. The clouds and lighting made this another one of my favorites. Snow light is the best light without a doubt. (Feb.2020)

Little did I know that this would be my last time spotting with my friends for a long time. Back when we were all making jokes about the virus and here we are. The 777-200 is heading off for its 7 hour flight too Hawaii. The 787 was one of the last Tokyo flights we had before everything shutdown. (March 7th, 2020)

Heading back from my week long trip too Marco Island, Florida. Heading back was erie. On the way to Fort Myers all our flights were full. But on the way back all our flights were half full. Heading back into reality with no clue with what was going on was scary in a way. This pandemic has brought an end too a lot of aircraft. This 757-200 arriving from ATL was put into storage 2 days later and hasn’t seen the skies since. (March 21, 2020)

Fast Forward 5 months later. After a summer full of baseball and Covid, I finally had the chance to meet up with some friends. I was supposed to be in Houston playing baseball that weekend and was supposed to play the #2 2023 team in nation in a tournament but due too some personal issues we weren’t able too go.I met 6 other spotters at DEN that day. Weather was iffy and we had some haze from the wildfires which meant for some interesting conditions. I’m a big fan of this shot because of how sharp it came out and the amount of detail that you can see. This particular 757 was heading out to Houston I believe. (Sep. 2020)

Two months later it is now November. Man time flies. I went out to go spotting at DEN with my friend Hayden. The lighting was hit or miss. But when the sun was out it was some very good lighting and the clouds in the back helped bring out some vibrant shots. This American 737-800 arriving from Chicago is probably one of my best landing shots that I’ve taken. Then this Lufthansa A350 from MUC was one of the last flights from MUC as the route was suspended after starting back up a few weeks earlier. (Nov. 2020)

It’s now Christmas Eve. The home stretch of 2020 is here. I got a new camera for my birthday but thanks too the USPS it came 2 weeks later than it’s scheduled time. But I’m still grateful that I got a new camera. So I went to DEN too try out the new camera and I am in love with it. This camera along with my lens is a perfect combination for me. These are some of the sharpest pictures I’ve taken. The UA 777 is heading out to Hawaii. One of my favorite shots from this trip was this head on shot of a Pilatus PC-12 for Boutique Air.

Down Below is a link for a 2020 Review and reflection that I made for my Instagram account that’ll be posted sometime today.
2020 Review Video

Equipment:
Canon EOS Rebel t4i (old body)
Canon EOS Rebel SL3
Canon 75-300mm (old lens)
Sigma 100-400mm
Adobe Photoshop
Adobe Lightroom Classic

Photography Info:

Instagram:
https://instagram.com/downwind.denver?igshid=1b8u7fk3yfp9b

JetPhotos:

2020 was overall not a bad year. I learned a lot about myself this year. I’ve also improved a ton this year. Can’t wait to see what 2021 has too offer.

31 Likes

WHOO!

These are awesome!
Keep it up!!!

2 Likes

I think we weeded out the Tyler Tilt from you this year

2 Likes

I’ve been waiting Tyler, now i’m satisfied

2 Likes

The first picture is just amazing, even though I like the majestic LH A350 slightly more

1 Like

holdup 🤚

nice shots!

2 Likes

This topic has to be in my top 5 favorites, these pictures left me speechless, especially this one.🤯

1 Like

Thank You!!

We definitely did

Glad your satisfied

Thank You! I enjoy both of those pictures as well!

Yes it’s Christmas Eve

Thank You!! That picture is one of my all time favorites.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.