It's our favorite airline- Allegiant at it again.

We all know about Allegiant and how poopy their mx can be. Well, it’s about time they start getting their act together. Hopefully this is their wake up call.

To sum up …

“Federal safety regulators want to fine Allegiant Air more than $715,000, saying the discount airline failed to properly fix an engine that put out hotter-than-normal exhaust fumes.”

19 Likes

That’s gonna be a YIKES from me

6 Likes

Same. Can’t believe they cut corners like that.

5 Likes

Like I understand how they have a old fleet, because of cheaper planes, whatever, but having an issue like this is very dangerous, like use the saved money to fix this issues. Be more strategic I guess

4 Likes

This is why I never fly allegiant! Who knows what “small mechanical problem” could cause a crash?

3 Likes

To there credit they have gotten a lot better since they ditched the old MDs, and 75s…

8 Likes

Personally, I think the 757 is fine, I’ve flown many (not on allegiant tho). But the airbus planes have also already had emergency landings
https://www.aeroinside.com/incidents/airline/allegiant

2 Likes

Well they have know added the A319 to their fleet so you never but this is scary

2 Likes

Sure, the 320s have too, but the 757s along with the MDs are just old, and need more maintenance. Not that there inherently unsafe…

2 Likes

Allegiant is a LCC but they mainly operate ‘old’ planes…Rip.

Also I have no clue how they would think they are saving money, in my eyes fixing it would save them over 60 million (since the aircraft is safe to fly)

This is honestly appalling by allegiant but I doubt I’ll ever fly with them because I’m a brit.

3 Likes

Wikipedia says they only have Airbus A319/A320s.

2 Likes

IMG_20190615_204915_128

Yep. Made this in 2018, still applies today. They aren’t as bad as they were back when they had their MD-80s, but still aren’t the airline of choice in safety. Hope they get this sorted out. Allegiant is a very good airline for people who cant afford the luxuries of Delta (even though airlines like Sun Country are also good options).

12 Likes

Bad MX from Allegiant? No never!

5 Likes

Yep, that’s there curent fleet, but as of like a year ago they had MD-80s, and like two years ago they had 757s which had a lot more issues…

4 Likes

they just upgraded it lol

2 Likes

I will still fly Allegiant. They are a safe ULCC and not once on one of their aircraft have I felt unsafe. They’ve also had zero casualties on any of their flights.

5 Likes

Yep, their old fleet seems like a monstrosity.

their a320s are younger than uniteds… (and their fleet is getting younger too)

plus allegiant has never had a fatal accident - ive flown allegiant many times and i feel 90% if the community has never flown them and ive never had any issues with them. yes their maintenance is bad (getting better) but until they have a fatal accident i will back them.

once they pick up their maintenance they would be a much better airline

3 Likes

Never been on Allegiant for a good reason!

2 Likes

I’m let’s be honest 715K is not a lot for a airline so everyone calm thereselves

3 Likes