It's a bird, it's a plane...it's a Supercell: A brief on Earth’s weather

Thank you @JarrettFlies! That would be amazing

1 Like

I’ve experienced this before, it was cool, BUT, I didn’t go in it

2 Likes

It is a good thing you DID NOT proceed into it 😂 weather (and Mother Nature for that matter) is incredibly beautiful and powerful. I sincerely hope you found the tutorial enjoyable and useful. Have a great weekend!

Wow, this is the best topic I’ve ever seen in the forum so far!! I love it.

1 Like

Ευχαριστώ πολύ @Okeanos! I truly appreciate your kind remarks. I am greatly appreciative of any and all feedback. I hope you will continue to find it enjoyable, informative and hopefully easy to understand. I try to provide pertinent information in an easy-to-understand manner. I hope you have a great weekend 😊

1 Like

Παρακαλώ δερφέ! I hope to see these weather situations in Infinite Flight as well, great news is that they are currently working on adding clouds!

1 Like

I completely agree. Winds aloft, turbulence, crosswinds, low visibility are all fantastic incorporated features within IF. The addition of all manner of clouds would be another fantastic addition to an already great simulator.

1 Like

How in gods name can I bookmark this masterpiece?

1 Like

Yeah @anon71974898 That was an excellent take on atmosphere and weather. I’m taking a course it’s 9 weeks and intense for Communicator Aerodrome Radio Station(CARS) here in Northern Canada for NAV Canada it has 4 stages as Weather Observation/ practicals and radio communication with aircraft.So you need to learn all clouds/phenomena and abbreviations for a Metar and data strips for aircraft type etc… I can’t wait for the New Year !

1 Like

Haha thank you very much for the compliment, truly. I reckon there is a bookmark tab somewhere on the page 🤷🏻‍♂️ If not, I may be able to DM you a pdf version. I have finals this upcoming fortnight but remind by midweek and I will hopefully have something for you 🤞🏻

1 Like

Thank you for your input @CanadianNorth! I am always appreciative and thankful for all feedback and input. Your upcoming course sounds fantastic and amazing, I would love the opportunity to attend. I am a lifelong member of AOPA, and they always offer great CE (Continuing Education) courses on various topics. If you have the opportunity, you should look into it. Learning METAR and all its subsequent abbreviations/acronyms can save you and/or your passengers’ lives. Learn and absorb as much as you can; let me know if how it goes or if I can be of any assistance 😀

1 Like

I will definitely do that! I’m in my 40’s and Need a permanent career. Anything to do with Aviation is a passion for me. Experiencing flying in my high school years to only ‘solo’ then in Ramp and schedule agent work as jobs to present to this opportunity
I just hope my brain still works the same LMAO 🤣

1 Like

This is awesome!!

I’ve recently become interested in weather, NOAA weather radios (especially Midland), weather warnings, and severe weather. This topic was a nice read.

2 Likes

I hate to sound cliché but, ‘Age is simply a number, not a state of mind’. I am in my mid-30’s and have a great career, as a civilian and as a Naval Officer, but I had the opportunity to further it even more and pursue my Doctorate. Essentially, NEVER think that you ‘can’t teach an old dog new tricks’ 😉 You can achieve anything if you have motivation and an ever present passion for what you wish to pursue.

Moreover, don’t worry about your brain working. Statistically, yes it will be a bit more of a different and possibly difficult process, but the other part of that statistic is that more employers desire non-traditional student graduates…you have more life experience, maturity and you have proven you can multi-task well. I think you will do fantastic 😉 I truly wish you the best of luck! You will do great! You can always DM me if you ever have questions as well.

4 Likes

Thank you @SWAviator! It is great to hear that you enjoyed the tutorial. As you probably know, there is much more to weather than what I could possibly put in a shortened tutorial 😁 Thank you again for the kind compliment.

1 Like

Yeah, and after that the door opens mid flight, the force kept it closed, my iPad almost fell out 😂

Wow, you were/are really lucky nothing else happened. I have definitely used up my ‘nine lives’ thanks to flying 😳

I love this! Passion driven, focused, persistence connects to brain plasticity - your directed will can actually re-wire your brain. So part of one’s motivation for the effort might be reflecting on the wonders of the new brain you get! And such plasticity effect is not limited by age.

1 Like

“Man is the measure of all things, of the reality of those which are, and of the unreality of those which are not.” -Protagoras

(One of my favourite quotes)

1 Like