It’s Me Again...(un)fortunately

Welcome back to yet another spotting topic from yours not so truly :)

First on the chopping block is N824NN, an American 737-800 which came in from Raleigh-Durham

Next on the chopping block is N336DX, a Delta A321 coming in from Hotlanta

I’m a big kid now
Wait who said that
Starting things off with N26909, a United 787-8 which came in from London

Next on the list is also a 787, but a -9 variant, with a slightly altered livery. It’s N29981, which came in from Frankfurt

After that, we have EI-GAJ, a very green Aer Lingus A330 coming in from Dublin

And then EI-EIM, also an Aer Lingus A330, which came in on a different day. That doesn’t mean I remember what day it was.

And now we kick off the special liveries! First up is A6-EQO, an Emirates 777-300ER doing cargo flights to Chicago from Dubai

Next up, Etihad’s A6-BLJ, a 787-9 sporting the ADNOC choosing Thailand livery!

Next up is PH-BKA, a KLM 787-10 operating in the KLM100 livery on a flight from Amsterdam

I hope you all enjoy these photos! Leave any comments/concerns below :)

80 Likes

Great shots Marcel! My favorite would have to be the Emirates. Your shots have gotten so good lately, keep it up :D

also first hehe

3 Likes

Nice shots!, stunning liveries.

2 Likes

I’m looking back at my first topic and thinking “jeez. I was a noob. Lighting really does matter”

2 Likes

Great shots as always, Marcel! Hoping to see some more soon!

2 Likes

Fax. It’s the little things that really make or break. Anyone can show up with a camera and with a little bit of practice probably get a reasonably sharp well exposed image, it’s the other thousand things that make a shot go from trash to great. It’s a learning curve though, and a fun one at that, it’s a little interesting when I look at some images that I throw out now that would have easily been my best image just a few months ago, but that’s progress I guess. Those are some really good shots, look forward to seeing more from you.

2 Likes

Really cool pictures!
Haven’t seen Aer Lingus flying in SoCal for a while now

2 Likes

??

This is KORD unless I’m mistaken

2 Likes

I know I was just saying here we haven’t had them so it’s cool to see
Could’ve been more clear I guess 😂

3 Likes

It is KORD, yes

1 Like

Awesome pictures! Wish I lived near a airport that had big planes like the 777 :(. The airport closest to me that operates large planes is 2 hours away sadly.

1 Like

I see Aer Lingus I like fabulous shots!

1 Like

Watched some of these land as well!! (Over my house and went spotting) I’m not any spotter but a good spot * to spot *is on top of the Fashion outlets building garage. A bit far from the 28s but a very nice view of T5.

These were taken from my iPhone so the zoom isn’t good and the quality isn’t good.

2 Likes

Better to be somewhere south of the runways so you have the sun behind you. Helps a lot with lighting. From fashion outlets and Dave and busters garage, you can get nice 27L arrival pics, but for the 28s, I recommend the gate gourmet recruitment center parking lot

Just for you, there’s two of em

1 Like

Beautiful photos! -Capt Riley ;)

1 Like

KORD my home airport!!! 🤩🤩🤩

Awesome shots!

1 Like

Loving the fast improvement :)

1 Like

Fortunately…these are great shots you got there. Especially the American 737.

1 Like

My personal favorite would probably have to be either the Etihad or KLM