It doesn't get much better than this

The lovely San Francisco International Airport, one of not many airports able to produce breathtaking parallel landings and departures. Today, after flying almost 12 hours from Paris’ Orly Airport to San Francisco, I had the enthralling experience of landing alongside another aircraft, a United 777.

Server: Expert Server
Date: 10 April 2022 at about 22:00Z

68 Likes

Wonderful picture… two of my favourite liveries

3 Likes

godly!
theres just no words to describe it

3 Likes

Love it!😍Really awesome shot!

3 Likes

Cheers, everyone!

2 Likes

Fantastic shot!

3 Likes

God I’m so jealous! The only parallel landings I’ve had were at OMDB and EGLL where the parallel runways have a fair amount of distance inbetween them

3 Likes

as amazing as it is ;it is unrealistic, @callaa parallel landings need to have a distance of atleast 1 km in between (sorry to spoil the fun)

Here’s your award from me

It doesn’t get much better than that, Top quality shown here

7 Likes

Wow! Thank you for the shiny award! :)

1 Like

WOW, amazing photo man, I experienced this before when I was landing at EGLL in a SAS 737 coming in from Stavanger, when right by me was a Lufthansa A320 coming in from Munich, it was breath-taking

1 Like

I am well aware of that but KSFO has special procedures for parallel landings. Iirc captain Joe has a vid about it.

Edit: found it Parallel LANDINGS!!! PRM and SOIA approaches! Explained by CAPTAIN JOE - YouTube

3 Likes

Amazing job! Love the shot.

1 Like

I thought this was the case. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

oops (ten chars)

1 Like

Parallel landings at San Francisco are the best landings for sure. But very rare tho :D

1 Like

Nice landing

1 Like

What a beautiful sight! So exiting to see synchronized landings like this

1 Like

It is indeed!

Welcome to the Community.

2 Likes

Nice award for that landing.

1 Like