Issues with the A350 or auto pilot

so today i wanted to do a flight from Atlanta to France using the A350 and when i was at my cruising altitude i turned on autopilot and when i enabled it 5 minutes later my aircraft started to stall out so i fixed it then a couple of minutes later it stalled again so i fixed my VS since it was at -11,647 which is odd. So i don’t know if this has happened to you guys.Let me know any reasons why. I think it is the auto pilot or it could be the A350?

2 Likes

Welcome to the community!

This is most likely due to being too heavy and too high. What was your weight, selected altitude, and speed?

1 Like

yes it wasn’t over weight it was at 500,000 and the speed was set at 250 knots and the altitude was set to 39,000

2 Likes

What was your Vertical Speed?

1 Like

Okay. You might want to consider step-climbing next time. It will help your aircraft’s performance and prevent you from stalling. Make sure to cruise at or around Mach 0.84-0.85 in the A359 as well.

Here’s a tutorial on how to do this by the birthday boy, DeerCrusher:

1 Like

maybe i really don’t know bc it was set to high

Thanks I really needed help:)

Could you give a range? (1000-3000, 3000-4000, etc.)

Did you disable autopilot when device was in a different position that it was when you enabled it?

yes, I disabled auto pilot to see if i can get on track

1 Like

No problem! We’re all here to help and support each other.

Once again, welcome to the community! Feel free to create a PM with me or create another topic if you need anymore help. We love to support our brothers and sisters in aviation!

Here’s also something else to take a look at:

1 Like

It was at 11,000 :/ idk how

Okay…I think we might have found a problem

You mean 11,000 VS climbing or descending?(I’m not sure which)

-11,000VS it just set its self randomly

You need to calibrate before you disable Autopilot

I did that as well every time im about to take control of the aircraft I celibate it.

1 Like

Hey yeah from what it looks like the reason why you stalled out was that you were too heavy to be at that alt. Make sure you are around Mach 0.85 and maybe try 35000 or even 33000 depending on the weight. Like linked above check out the step climbing tutorial it’s really useful.

1 Like

If speed was set to 250kts all the way up to your cruising altitude, it could be a chance that your stalling due to not enough speed. Make sure that as soon as you pass 10,000ft, speed up to like 310/315 kts. Your airspeed will start going down as you climb depending on the wind. Hope it helps.

2 Likes

thanks guys for the help now i know if i need help i can just do this instead of looking up videos

1 Like