Issues with contacting tower/approach

Hi dear pilots,
We (IFATC) are noticing a problem lately, many of you can not contact
Tower or Approach, be sure to take a screenshot when it happens, in cases of heavy traffic it is possible that you are ghosted, so the screenshot will serve as a prove .
we can not see if it’s an issue or not.
Thanks
And happy landing

3 Likes

I haven’t encountered this issue and hope not to do either but my question is as follows…

Q: Does this happen often?

1 Like

Well,no very often but is happening.

2 Likes

It happened to my friend but he didn’t understand what was going on and he just restarted IF. It happened 3 days ago!

Most of those I’ve noticed the issue have said they left the app during their flight. This likely isn’t “the X factor” but it’s been a pattern of a cause

@MarcelloM. MaxSez: “Leave the Pattern or Approach w/o contacting a controlling agency can be solve with the a few minor enhancement to the comm Menu. There are no Pilot opt out options in the Approach menu for example. “Missed Approach” is the only real option to leave a vector which generates a Re-Enter Command, Routinely if the Pilot choose to go to an Alternate or Brake off with a Freq change ya get a “Stay on my Freq” read back. Bad Juju for all concerned.

Suggest Clean up the Comm Menu’s and give some Pilot Friendly requests/responses to the decision makers. That should eliviate the majority of the intentional “lost Comm bug out” issues. Klar…
Just a well considered opinion… Pls consider it.

Info: @mwe2187

1 Like

This happened to me twice this morning while landing at SFO. This explains a lot.

1 Like

While the recent update has greatly cleaned things up and reorganized, cleaning it up doesnt change that a pilot loses contact and ability to reply to us and or get messages from the controllers.

1 Like

Does this look familiar to anyone? It doesn’t happen all the time. I started the session 10 minutes before taking this screen shot. Had full control. Then it seems as if I lost connection because everyone’s callsign went gold then disappeared. It “kinda” reconnected…But now I can’t contact them. They show up as GA aircraft. Unknown callsign, grade, aircraft type, etc. When I click “ATC” to contact them on the top right of the screen, nothing happens.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.