Issues with ATC Playground controllers.

Now firstly I will say this doesn’t apply to all Controllers, especially when some are great at handling a busy airport efficiently and effectively. I’m also aware this issue is on the Playground server where qualified allocated controllers don’t always exist. However I still think something should be addressed or implemented when air traffic controllers prevent you from Pushback, Taxing and Take Off over an elongated period of time. The controller in question also misused the commands and spammed them whilst giving my aircraft instructions and granting permission for movement, reverted it immediately.

2 Likes

Welcome to PG.

4 Likes

I know how you feel. Ground controller at LAX in PG made me taxi all the way from 25L to 24L.

Holy f… This is actually some of the worst I’ve seen :/

5 Likes

lots of threads like this one. Have to remember that ATC PG server is for Pilots learning more skills and also ATC learning so you will have people who are very experienced and are practicing to become an Advanced ATC whilst you will also have people who are controlling for the first time!

If you want near perfect controlling every-time then fly advanced!!

One solution would be that for first time controllers on ATC PG you are limited to ‘Charlie’ airfields and only when you have done a set number of operations or done so many ATC sessions then you can upgrade to a Bravo Airport and so many more ops / sessions then you can access the Approach stations…?

6 Likes

Yes we love to spam, but only in extreme circumstances like taxing on to the runaway without permission and taking off and not following nay command

Happen to me last night at LAX. Ground told me and some other guys to go to 7L which was closed even though i requested 25R and to make matters worst tower was letting people take off from the closed runway and people were actually doing it. I then request 25R again and ground sends me to 24L, all the way around the airport smh

1 Like

#flyadvanced!

6 Likes

Some controllers fly you off course and when you say unable, they tell you to check help pages meanwhile they need it

1 Like

I’m quite familiar with the server having played over a year but this is some of the worst controlling I’ve known.

1 Like

Mostly on PG it’s fine but this was ridiculous I eventually had to ignore the controller as otherwise I’d of not moved for hours on end.

Yeah I’m aware of the conditions of flying on the PG server but even first time controllers can grasp what to press and what not to. This controller even if new was refusing every option or request I had placed which if I was flying to a schedule could’ve ruined it.

Now yes that’s undertstandable because otherwise no order would exist. But this was not that type of scenario, this was contraction after contradiction.

1 Like

Exactly, and this wasn’t simple mistakes or new controller. This was being pestworthy especially when I was the only aircraft at the airport on the ground, telling me to give way to aircraft is a bit silly.

this happended to me on advanced before so you cant say fly advanced

Would be also great if Grade 3+ pilots would be able to rate controller in-game. And not letting low rated controllers on class ‘Bravo’.
That should be applied to all ATC types.

3 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

it used to be that way

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

@MarcelloM I agree so much

1 Like