Issues with airspeed in the 777-200ER

Twice this has happened to me and it finally punished me with an airspeed violation. On approach and throttled back to 150kts with full flaps and a headwind. The airspeed still lingers at around 200kts. And on the two occasions my airspeed jumped to 270kts. The first time I had to pull the throttle all the way back and still had to pull the nose way up to avoid a violation. The second time there was no warning! I got a violation because my airspeed jumped from 160 to 278 in a matter of seconds. I’m not flying the 777 anymore.

Are you pointing the aircraft nose down while on approach?

1 Like

The 777-200 takes a long time to slow down, make sure you are not descending too fast.

1 Like

No. I’m on glide slope every time. Even in a bit of a flair.

1 Like

I learned that pretty quick. The issue is I’m already at a low speed and the airspeed somehow manages to quickly climb.

Is it a glitch or is the airspeed increasing because you are descending too fast?

1 Like

Do you use the autopilot speed? I always do and it works fine for me.

1 Like

I’m wondering if it’s an issue! It only happens in the 777 and there is no way I’m descending too fast.

1 Like

Ha! My IF app just crashed. I wonder if it’s my wifi. This was definitely a lag of some kind. It went from 160 to 270 almost instantly. I’m gonna try another flight once I get it back up and running.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice guys. I’ve been playing this game way too long for it to be pilot error. Not saying I’m the best or anything but I’m thinking this was a wifi issue😕

Tell us if it’s fixed itself, and then a Mod will kindly close this topic. Thanks!

Just did a quick flight! It was my wifi😃. They may kindly close this out. Thanks for all y’alls help.

2 Likes

I’ll flag it to be closed. In future just make a post and say
I’ve flagged it for closure. :)

2 Likes