Issues with 787-9 and 10

Good evening folks!
I need help, please. First time I’m presenting this problem, what happens is that at 70 to 100kts my plane raise for no reason, it also goes from one side to the other, it goes off the runway and I don’t know what happens. I always calibrate my iPad before I took off and I had my flaps set . The winds were favorable at the time of take-off and here is a picture. I tried to take off from LTFM with the 789 and then I moved to EHAM with the 78X and I also went to single player just to do some exercises and the problem persisted. Sorry if my english is not good.
Best regards!

iPad (3rd generation)
iOS 17.2

A few things I can think of is that one; your trim is too high. And for the whole “going off the runway” thing, I think you just need to practice some crosswind correction! Even though it doesn’t look like there’s much wind a physics glitch isn’t really possible. You can refer to this awesome guide if you’d like for proper trim usage. And for the rudder, just practice practice practice!

So yeah I usually have the trim at about 0-10% and I don’t have the nose randomly pitch up so I’d just recommend referring to this guide.

1 Like

Hi, on the 787’s it is normal for the nose to come off the ground early so you need to hold positive forward pressure on the nose to keep it down.

How much? Enough to ensure it stays down regardless of trim.

If the nose does come up early, it will move to the side with even the slightest crosswind, such as what you have:

If you don’t remove forward nose pressure until rotation, and use opposite rudder just as you rotate, you will learn to stay aligned with the runway with sufficient practice.

1 Like

Okay, I’ll practice on that and I’m going to check out the community tutorials. Thanks!

I understand, I’m going to do some practice. Thanks!

1 Like

It’s true, the higher the up trim, the more down pressure you need to keep the nose on the ground during the rollout.

But the emphasis I believe is to keep the nose firmly on the ground, with “forward control pressure” (to prevent the “tire yawing sideways in the air”). The trim either helps, working with you, or against you in that effort.

But trim by itself won’t fix the problem. Trim is an assist in the effort (you can be way out of trim but still keep the nose on the runway, with a bit more effort of course).

Your addition of the image is helpful:
Wind blowing from right to left:
pushes left on the tail to yaw the nose to the right:

1 Like

Forward pressure and I keep my trim at 20% but rotate correcting for the yaw in the wind. I also do patterns in the 787 to keep proficient with it.

You can normally find me at the least busy ATC airport doing patterns.

1 Like

This happens with me. I am so annoyed with this. This happens at like 50knts in the 787-8 for me.

1 Like

Thanks for your advice and I will put it into practice. ;)

1 Like

Yea this happens to me all the time with only 10% trim. You will have to keep the nose down until you rotate. This is why a lot of us who really like the 787 are hoping for a full rework…

1 Like

Yeah, we hope the full rework comes soon 😞

1 Like

And voted for it

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.