Issue with the A380 during cruising

Hi I’m currently flying the A380 and it’s not balancing right during cruising altitude am I doing something wrong?

1 Like

Hey @Adi2, I don’t see any issue with the aircraft here. Can you add some more detail to your problem?

Idk it’s so weird I wish it allow me to add a video but the throttle thingy is going crazy goes up and down up and down but when I’m at curising alltuide the nose pitches up

Does the pitch of the nose stay level at cruise altitude?

Kinda doesn’t but I’ll
Take a better screen shot

This most likely is the Auto throttle reacting to the conditions. They’re flying in 53 knot winds.

1 Like

Most aircraft flying level maintain a slight nose-up attitude due to their aerodynamic design. Just trying to figure out if you’re dealing with an issue at all.

1 Like

I’m 77% load at FL330 with 60% trim and aside the normal movement (airflow) I’m stable. The throttle is going crazy between 82 and 84% but I find most aircraft will do this.

EDIT: I mentioned the throttle going crazy but my N1 remains stable (again accounting for winds/gusting winds/turbulence during cruise).

1 Like

1 Like

Looks completely normal to me. You’d be descending slightly if the aircraft was completely level.

Do you mean the nose stays steady in that pitch up position, or do you mean it is continuously pitching up and down - as in, oscillating up and down?

1 Like

Pitch up position I have never seen this happen before on a A380

Yes, but do you mean that is a stable pitch up position? (it’s not moving?)

Correct stable up position

1 Like

I’m a bit confused because you look to be stable at FL300, but your FPV (the small circle in the middle of your HUD), appears to show you in a climb?

That circle being above the horizon usually means you are going up (unless it is bouncing around from above the horizon to below the horizon?, but averaging out to be level)

1 Like

Yes that’s what confused me abit to before when I’m cursing I never seen it pitch or it going like that with the level

1 Like

Oh wait a second is it normal for it be pitched up like that during cruising 💀

Yes, being pitched up more and more as you go higher is how you generate the same lift from thinner air. As @MattAV mentioned, you’d likely be descending somewhat if you were completely level (zero pitch).

1 Like

Oooo even during crusing. With how my weight is and the direction I’m going towards lax do I need to be in an odd number?

Your alt looks ok I think, but do you still have a problem with throttle movement and pitch?

I’m thinking if you could upload a video it would show throttle and pitch oscillations due to gusty wind changes(?), but that otherwise you are holding altitude, and have some normal average pitch up due to the combined effects of weight and altitude.

edit: I’m going to backtrack on something I said. I thought the FPV position looks like a climb because it is above the horizon from what I’m used to:

But I’m now in my own overseas cruise flight at constant altitude and my FPV looks about the same as yours. So that might be the neutral (zero climb) position now for the A380? Other aircraft now also have it above the horizon for a zero climb situation or not(?). (edit note to self:
the FPV zero VS position might vary in apparent position with height above the earth)

But @Adi2 as far as your issue, are you ok now, or not yet?

1 Like