Issue with long hauls iPad Pro shutdown app crashes

I have experienced several issues regarding the app in general several routes on my iPad Pro 12.5 2017 version 2nd version . All software up to date. I have routes specific from Dubai to Chicago for example and after 4 to 5 hours the app freezes and shuts down . Visa Versa I tried Chicago to Dubai and exactly over Greenland maybe 4 to 5 hours later my app shuts down . Yes I have uninstalled, reinstalled, clear all ram , and always make sure I have no apps running in the background. I am a seasoned veteran player here and have done even short flights with the app freezing and than turning off . The red marker for global stays red and does not reconnect and I have a very strong WiFi, I have restarted my router and done every trick in the book . This issue has started after the last update. All of my settings are high, I tried it low, and both fail to do long haul flights on certain routes. I have this device specifically for infinite flight only. With plenty of memory in the ram and the app disconnects. I have seen other posts recently regarding this issue and I do believe there is a problem with the app .

1 Like

Have you used Low Power and Limit Frame?

1 Like

Do you have enough storage? You said the global server is always red. The red global server marker will normally cause the app to crash (at least for me)

Yes I have both and this device is powerful enough to handle the app so something is not legit or there is a bug or glitch somewhere I’m thinking because it’s now at the point where I can’t do certain long hauls , weird thing is some long hauls I have no issues but there is definitely some kind of app issue going on here

1 Like

I believe there is no known issues with the app as of now

I have plenty of storage about 30 gb and i refresh everything like I said I have no apps running in the background and only if assistant

2 Likes

Can you try without IF Assistant?

1 Like

I may try it out without it as I found a bug last time after the update with the camera view with shaky cam and it was causing the landing and takeoff views to go bezerk so I disabled shaky can and it worked again . Maybe another api issue with the two apps. I will give it a try though and see what happens

2 Likes

Alright, just tell us again in around 6 hours.

2 Likes

Will do I’m pretty tired now so I will see what gives when I can do the routes again but this time without if assistant .

3 Likes

Greetings,

I’m a brand new iOS user power I haven’t had any issues at first, i’ve Ran everything on high I have the iPad 2018.

The last time I was on it was acting a little weird I can only say that this is a server issue on their end they will have to upgrade their servers or do better with them in order for us to succeed on there that is just a matter of a fact.

2 Likes

This happened with my Galaxy S7, this can be solved by changing the DNS of the Wi-Fi router and releasing internal memory, because there comes a limit in that with full memory, the system tends to work incorrectly. If I have helped, mark this as a solution to help those who are also with the same problem

1 Like

Thanks man yeah I see other people having similar issues it seems like it’s certainly some routs I do and the servers need to be evaluated because I have a powerful device and never had any issues prior to the last update

The only other issue can think of which hasn’t been mentioned above is a prontential overheating problem. Looking at where you live tho i do think this is highly unlikely to occur.

Yeah no way not here in Michigan and like I said I never had any issues ever until after this last update. I can fly certain routes no problem but Dubai for some reason either going to or away from Dubai it always crashes.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.