Issue with invitations

Hello Everyone!

I have a little issue with Private Messages, I would like to invite someone on a PM, but I’m unable to do it because we simply can’t click on the section for adding a new user.

Do you have this problem too ?

Here’s a picture :

How to reproduce it ?
Go on a private message, and click on the button called “invite a user”

. This issue is available only on mobile version

I know I’m on a PM with moderators, but it’s available for all my others PM

I don’t understand what the message is saying , but you need to click the bar underneath the text to add users , make sure you add @ first of the username !

This thing

2 Likes

Not really the best place for this. Try [Discourse Meta] (https://meta.discourse.org/)

1 Like

Yeah I understand but I’m unable click inside this [quote=“Joshua_Fleming, post:3, topic:84661”]
I don’t understand what the message is saying , but you need to click the bar underneath the text to add users , make sure you add @ first of the username !
[/quote]

A bug most likely on mobile view.

2 Likes

I don’t have this issue on my devices… How about reporting it on Discourse’s Meta site as you already have an account there? Don’t forget to include your OS, device, browser and version to help them to fix the issue. Thanks! :)

That’s why we can invite @discourse ;-)

Yeah have had this issue before on a mobile device , nothing you can I’m afraid , you will just have to do it on computer ! :)

1 Like

Would be much easier for them if it was on their platform

1 Like

I understand but firstly I just would like to check if someone else have this problem or I’m alone

I also have it on mobile.

1 Like

Perfect so we’re now 3 users with this issue

1 Like

Mine is fine, it’s a little hard to tap the tiny box and you won’t be able to see what your typing.

Let’s say, it’s not really useful for them… Imagine the tons of community issue complaint they have to manage; don’t forget that Discourse is open-source, which means it’s basically free! You just have to pay for hosting or simply host it yourself.
Anyways, guys, if you’re still decided to invite them instead of creating a topic on their Meta site, please don’t forget to include your OS, device, browser and version to help them to fix the issue. Thanks! :)

However it might be a simply fix and that they are not already aware of it :)

I have the same issue…but only on mobile.

Hi, Arpit here from Discourse team.

I am not able to repro this issue on iPhone 7 (latest Safari) or latest Chrome on Android 6.0.

@Flying-Switzerland Can you let me know the device and browser on which you are seeing this issue? Also, can you repro this issue on multiple PMs?

3 Likes

Hello sir ! Thanks for your message !

That’s my informations, IPhone 6S iOS 10.0.2. And I use safari.

I’ve tried with more than 10PMs, same issue

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.