Issue Connecting Infinite Flight to Foreflight

After today’s Youtube post on the Infinite Flight page regarding the updated ForeFlight link, I got curious and decided to figure out what it’s all about. After brief research, it is clear that this is an amazing tool for flight planning and making flights on IF even more realistic.

I created an account and currently have the trial account. However, when I followed the steps to connect ForeFlight to IF, it doesn’t work; IF does not show up under “Devices” in the Foreflight app.

I closed both apps, performed a hard-reset on both devices (iPhone 11 Pro and iPad Pro), double checked they were both on the same wifi network, and made sure the ForeFlight link is checked in the IF settings. However, IF still does not appear in the “Devices” tab in the ForeFlight App.

Am I missing something?

1 Like

Have you turned on ForeFlight Link in the Infinite Flight settings?

Yes, I have also tried turning it off and then turning it back on.

Something to keep in mind is that both devices need to be connected to the same wifi source. Your iPhone 11 can’t be on cellular. It too needs to be connected to wifi.

1 Like

Here’s something that may or may not be relevant: I tried disabling the Foreflight link in IF, and closing the app and reopening it, but when I went to re-enable the ForeFlight link, it was already enabled on its own. I tried this several more times and got the same result. It’s like its not letting me disable the Foreflight link.

I logged out of IF on my iPhone to make sure it wasn’t interfering in any way with IF on the iPad, but the same result ensued.

Yep. Made sure of that too :(

Ok, I think I got it to work. I had to actually start a flight. Once I started a flight, the IF tab appeared on the ForeFlight App.

I look forward to trying this new toy out and possibly getting a subscription.

Moderators, please close. Thanks! :)

1 Like