Islip MacArthur Airport | New Airport Updates (New Airlines, and Routes)

ABOUT LONG ISLAND MACARTHUR AIRPORT
Long Island MacArthur Airport has two of the four major US domestic air carriers: American Airlines and Southwest Airlines, who have provided service at ISP for more than 10 years, and on August 16, 2017 will gain service from Frontier Airlines. By spring, 2018. These carriers will provide service to 14 cities nonstop, with same plane and one-stop connecting service to hundreds of destinations in the U.S, Caribbean and Europe. The airport serves 1.2M passengers annually and employs 6,000 people. ISP has recently launched their “Stress Less, Pay Less Campaign.”

American Eagle:
7/15 - Has Upgraded their KISP - KPHL flights from a DeHavilland Dash 8 to a Embraer 145 starting OCT 5th

Frontier Airlines:
5/25 - Announced First Service to KISP with a KISP - KMCO route beginning AUG 16th
7/18 - Announced 10 New Non-Stop Destinations from KISP Frontier Airlines HUGE expansion!

Southwest Airlines:
7/27 - Announced New 2x Daily Route (Not connecting/ Stay in your seat) from KISP - KBWI - KRDU

Southwest’s one-stop, same-plane service to RDU is the latest in a string of recent improvements and marketing success stories at the airport. “We are delighted that our airport can provide new access to an important business market like Raleigh-Durham,” said Angie Carpenter, Town of Islip Supervisor.

So expect alot more changes to come to this great small airport on Long Island (NY) with International Flights coming (2020) and more things to open up Long Island to the world! :)

What airlines / routes would you like to see come to KISP?

#StressLessPayLess

20 Likes

@DeerCrusher is all I can say

10 Likes

Yes!!! My home airport. I love all the stuff going on. I like the quality you put into this thread.
But one thing, you wrote that there will be 14 cities nonstop. You’re incorrect, it will be 17.
Long Island is a beautiful area, beautiful beaches, towns, vineyards, and a booming economy (except for Brentwood and those other few falling apart towns) and I would love to see more service.

6 Likes

I love that this airport is doing this. I just love seeing airports doing this.

4 Likes

You basically just said the same thing twice lmao 😂

I’m also glad though that KISP Is getting more routes from airlines aswell as some possible future international routes

4 Likes

The First Frontier Tail Fin Livery To Fly Into ISP Will Be "Champ The Bronco!!"

Photo: Spotter-Aviation-Pibracais

Are You Excited?!? Flight is planned to land from KMCO at 9:55. The flight will be operated on a A320 NEO!

4 Likes

The plane is about 25 minutes away. I would go spot it, but unfortunately I have things to do this morning.

3 Likes

Frontier nearing Long Island Airspace!!

3 Likes

DHW-ZskXsAAJ4AV
DHW-ZspW0AA9OJM
And she’s officially down as of 9:36 AM. What a gorgeous plane. Welcome to Long Island, can’t wait for the 10 more destinations from ISP!

3 Likes

http://airlinegeeks.com/2017/08/16/frontier-airlines-launches-several-new-routes/ You can read all about their new routes here

1 Like

Looks Like Sunny the Collared lizard will make an appearance at KISP tomorrow!

3 Likes

Sweet! My fav Frontier livery

3 Likes

Some more pictures today from the Town of Islip!

4 Likes

Sometime this year I’m traveling their, I’ve been there maybe 3-5 times

2 Likes

With the new airlines, are they going to add more gates/terminals along with it?

There’s a possibility. But in the short term… No.

We have two concourses in one main terminal. Concourse A has 9 gates (A1L and A1-A8) and concourse B has 2 gates and several ramps/stands. So that means that every 2 hours; the airport can take 11+ planes. So for now, the airport does not need a new termanal. There’s is a possibility that they may add more gates and expand Concourse B, to replace the stands/ramps though.

1 Like

They have 2 jetways at concourse B, B19 and B23 which frontier will be utilizing both when they add the more destinations. In my opinion tho concourse A is much nicer and modern, Southwest built it for like $50 million

2 Likes

Thanks! @RTG113 and @Balloonchaser!

2 Likes

Here’s a post by MacArthur Airport’s FD, you get to see what it’s like inside the fire truck when they give the plane a water cannon salute!

3 Likes

How many people have now been checking flightradar24 everyday to see what livery is coming In today!?!

PC: Ron Monroe
Weston the Woodpecker Livery comes in tomorrow!!

4 Likes