United’s Famous Island Hopper Route - Part 1
About the Event
Hello! This event is the first of the United Island Hopper series! We will begin in the beautiful city of Los Angeles at LAX. LAX acts as a hub for united with multiple flights to and from the Hawaiian Islands each day. We hope you join us for this unique series to fly to one of the most remote areas in the pacific!
What is United’s famous Island Hopper?
United’s famous Island Hopper route began in 1968 as a route operated by the 727 between Hawaii and several small islands in the Pacific. The route is now operated by United using a 737-800 with 4 pilots and spare parts due to the remote islands. Due to short runways along the way fire trucks are often used to cool the brakes and tires after landing.
Basic Event Details
Route: KLAX(Los Angeles)-PHNL (Honolulu)
Date and Time: 2019-08-31T17:00:00Z
Server: Expert Server
Aircraft: United 737-900 or 777-200 (please specify which)
Projected Flight Time: 5:30
- Please spawn in 10 minutes before the scheduled start-time of the event
- All communication will be done via a group DM on the IFC. If the event becomes large enough we may create a Slack/Discord server specifically to communicate information more efficiently.
- A full and complete briefing will be given before each flight. You are to follow all instructions given by designated event leaders.
- Pilots are to present good airmanship and respect other pilots (giving-way etc.)
- You are NOT responsible to create your own flight plan. As stated above, a full and complete briefing will be given including route, weight configuration, cruise speeds/altitudes, and anything else needed.
- Realistic Procedures will be in place. As a member of this event you are obligated to follow them or risk disqualification from the rest of the series.
|Gate 70A||United||B737-900||to Honolulu||@anon82246052|
|Gate 70B||United||B737-900||to Honolulu||@Kian_Abbasi|
|Gate 71A||United||B737-900||to Honolulu||@KC3DLL|
|Gate 71B||United||B737-900||to Honolulu||@Armani_B|
|Gate 72||United||B737-900||to Honolulu||@Altaria55|
|Gate 73||United||B737-900||to Honolulu||@GlobalFlyer1|
|Gate 74||United||B737-900||to Honolulu||@Niccckk|
|Gate 75A||United||B737-900||to Honolulu||@United2|
|Gate 75B||United||B737-900||to Honolulu||@Eugene_Leybovich|
|Gate 76||United||B737-900||to Honolulufirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Gate 60||United||B737-900||to Honolulu||@Gabe_Z|
|Gate 61||United||B737-900||to Honolulu||@Bravo59|
|Gate 62||United||B737-900||to Honolulu||@Sashaz55|
|Gate 63||United||B737-900||to Honolulu||@Nathan_Ramos|
|Gate 64||United||B737-900||to Honolulu|
|Gate 65A||United||B737-900||to Honolulu|
|Gate 65B||United||B737-900||to Honolulu|
|Gate 66||United||B737-900||to Honolulu|
|Gate 67||United||B737-900||to Honolulu|
|Gate 68A||United||B737-900||to Honolulu|
|Gate 68B||United||B737-900||to Honolulu|
|Gate 69A||United||B737-900||to Honolulu|
|Gate 69B||United||B737-900||to Honolulu|
More gates will be added if needed.
Please reply with aircraft preference below and you will be assigned a gate!
If you are unsure if you will be able to attend the event, reply below in the same manner, although put ‘standby’ in your reply and I will put you on Standby for the event