Is this a good landing?

I’ve been practising my landings and got my stats from live flight connect.
Is this good?
A320
GS : 141 knots
IAS: 138 knots
VS : -418 FPM
Gforce : 1.09gs
Pitch : 1.69 deg
Near Stall : False
Stalling : False
Over MLW : False

Thanks
Ollie

3 Likes

I’m not an Airbus man, never fly or flown them, but in regards to your Vertical Speed and G’s, they look a little high. Maybe start the flare just a second or two earlier. FPM should be more like 100fpm at the point of contact on the runway

4 Likes

Thanks, I’ll try that now. :)

Very hard to perfect in IF though! Really 400fpm and under to be honest is probably considered ‘good’ amongst the community.

I think I read in a previous thread the most XP gets rewarded at a certain rate, something like under 200… if anyone else knows/remembers?

1 Like

Try and reduce this, ideally the smoothest landings come from <200fpm.

4 Likes

Thanks, :)

Ollie

1 Like

try to also not overshoot the runway and I suggest trying to get your VS around -200FPM not higher, lower then that is also good. a good approach also gives you a head start on that good landing but don’t mess it up at the end.

2 Likes

Yeah , managed to get 284 FPM on my next try. Still needs some work. Thanks for your help! :)

If you can use the plane again it’s a good landing

If the passenger in 15A didn’t spill there drink then it’s a great landing.

6 Likes

Great reply, thanks. xD

It was a good landing. Just reduce the vs and you will be grand.

1 Like

Yeah, I ran it, seems good, but remember, a flare is to eliminate all vertical movement to make landing smooth, so the best flare is -001ft/m, but we all know that’s just ridiculous

2 Likes

Yes, your is a perfect Landing, the perfect VS is about -400/-500 and the pitch is nice! Very good!

1 Like

Yeah, will remember to do that next time.

Thanks very much :)

@Mattia_Bordoni did you read any of the previous posts before responding? -400 to -500fpm, as discussed in multiple posts above, is definitely not even close to a perfect landing

3 Likes

And so? Are you angry? Is there a problem? I see milion answer that are saying the same thing! Please…

1 Like

And so that means just intentionally write the completely wrong answer in an attempt to confuse the original thread starter who’s asking for genuine help? What was the point of your post then?

3 Likes

Airbus will autoland in IF at VS -200. When I land I try to beat the computer.

The correct IAS is important. GS not so much. A runway centerline landing in the landing zone with a VS less than -200 and I’m happy. A VS near -100 and I’m grinning ear to ear.

Downside I find in IF is the inconsistency in the altitude callouts. If all you hear is a single callout of “40” it makes it hard to make a consistent flare. …Just my experience.

They say any landing you can walk away from is a good landing, but I think -400 to -500 is a bit high.

2 Likes

@MJames … I KNOW the perfect VS when Landing, so I simply wrote my opinion, he made a good Landing because his VS was -400!!! Stop!

1 Like