Is there such thing as a CRJ-100?

Hello fellow community members! I have always asked and wondered about Bombardier’s CRJ series and why I have really never heard about a CRJ-100. I have flown on every CRJ variant unless there is a so-called -100. This is one of my reasons for wanting to know. I do know that Bombardier has made a Callenger 604 which looks like a CRJ-100, but just as a corporate jet.

I do have a picture that shows what a Challenger 604 looks like.⬇️

It looks rather “stubbed” and doesn’t really need a window exit like the CRJ-200:

But this is just what I see. Tell me what you think of this and if Bombardier hasn’t made a CRJ-100, should they?

• No difference
  • Some difference
  • Tons of differences

0 voters

Sources:
Challenger 604:https://www.instagram.com/p/BlLEse8glJD/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=39bvfjy61p10

CRJ-200:JetPhotos

1 Like

Read this-

3 Likes

The is a Bombardier Challenger CRJ-100 i believe

3 Likes

But its a private jet its not for airlines.

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s corprate, no airlines have them currently I believe

2 Likes

I am just comparing the size and similarity of the aircraft. Plus I didn’t know if Bombardier made a -100.

CRJ100
The CRJ100 is the original 50-seat version. It is equipped with General Electric CF34-3A1 engines. Operators include Air Georgian and RwandAir, among others.
CRJ100SF
Passenger-to-freighter conversion of CRJ100.
CRJ100SE
Executive passenger conversion of CRJ100.

8 Likes

I have but to me it looks like the same aircraft that just took up a different name.🤷‍♂️

Yes, there is, one flies from Pittsburgh to Toronto a few times daily I think…

1 Like

Does it look the same as the -200?

1 Like

Ok getting off for the night. Sorry and goodnight.

1 Like

Which airline? Not showing up on google flights.

2 Likes

They seem to do it fairly interchangeably with the -200ER…

5 Likes

Ya, pretty much…

Very similar…

1 Like

Ohh ok! Also, @JT_Playz, use this for specs and more info on the CRJ-100.

https://www.skybrary.aero/index.php/CRJ1

2 Likes

The CRJ100 is simply a 200 with worse specs and I think worse engines. Air Canada flies one to St. Louis pretty often although they send a 200 every once an a while.

2 Likes

Ok cool. Didn’t know. I always thought it would be “stubbed” more than a -200. Thanks!👍

Yes there is CRJ100,Rwandair operates them…

1 Like

Nice! I’ll search up a pic and see what they look like compared to a -200.

EDIT: It does kind of look like a -200. Just want to know if there are any differences. :)

The wikipedia article says the CRJ 100 and 200 are the same thing. Except the 200 performs better thanks to different engines, so Bombardier discontinued production of the 100

1 Like