Is there any way to see airport gates while taxiing?

I always schedule an arrival gate when I land at my destination. I am pretty sure that you can’t on the Infinite Flight map, but I do have Live Flight and was wondering if you could see the airport gates there. If not can anyone recommend good apps to pull up or websites that you can view the gates for when I am taxiing in from my landing. Please let me know, thank you!

What I do is that I google the airport and gate map. For example, I say “KLAX gate map”. it’s really helpful.

Another thing is to look at the gates you want to park at before you even begin your flight

2 Likes

I screenshot the arrival gate in advance for reference, then split screen it. Works fine.

1 Like

You might find VirtualHub to your liking. It has gates and charts included.

1 Like

If you have a Navigraph subscription (highly recommend it) or another way to fetch charts, most airports come with parking gate charts much like the one you see down below. If you own a Discord Server or have the ability to create one, I’d suggest inviting the Airport WX bot. Typing .charts ICAO will return you with an airport briefing packet which often includes the same or similar parking gate charts. This strategy works for most airports.

2 Likes

Thank you everyone for your help!

I know I’m late to the party, but what I usually do is if I’m recreating a flight, I’ll just track the real life flight on Flightradar24. I’ll follow the recorded data from a previous flight, and park at the same gate the real plane did. It’s super easy, all you need to do is find the route and zoom in on the airport once you’ve landed to see the taxi route.

2 Likes

You actually can do that as well, yes. If you activate the airports on the map and have LiveFlight horizon (the subscription), you can click on the airport and have a map in the menu ‘airport information’ :)

1 Like

Virtual Hub has the layouts of taxiways and gates at various airports.

1 Like

link to website?

1 Like

I just go on flightradar or if i know where the terminal i should park at is then i park at any gate
But maybe the dev team might improve the taxiways with arrows towards each gate and next to it would be the gate number along with the 3d buildings update

2 Likes

Excellent idea!!

1 Like