Is the TBM930 the best aircraft in the Sim?

The TBM930 - the best aircraft in the sim hands down by far.

That is my opinion of course, and I can’t say enough about this aircraft and its performance capabilities. There is no where in the sim you can’t take this beautiful machine, I believe it has truly revolutionized IF and I hope this airplane will entice more sim pilots to take a closer look at the GA side of the sim fleet. If you want to experience the sim in a different way, try flying VFR in the 930 around the Bahamas or the Caribbean - truly breath taking.

When the 930 came to the fleet last September, I knew very little about general aviation aircraft as most of my time was dominated by the larger jets and wide bodies. When I started flying the 930 I was truly shocked with its jetliner performance - like cruising at FL310 with a 1700nm range. As I flew the 930 more and more, I found myself becoming a better sim aviator with an increased desire to continue learning. And I have also noticed others who fly the 930 seem to display better airmanship skill and familiarization with ATC procedures. Has anyone experienced this or seen this in their own flying?

For anyone who hasn’t tried the 930 yet, I can’t recommend this airplane enough. You can take this all over the sim and then some or work on your touch-n-go’s at some remote field. Given time, you too might find yourself becoming a better sim pilot and perhaps consider the path towards flying the real thing.

I’m curious to know if others in the community feel the same about the 930 or the other variants like the 910 or 850 which are not in the sim. I’m also interested in knowing how many real life 930 pilots are in the community who can help to promote this machine in the sim. And provide any real life stories about their times as PIC of a 930.

Here is a brief Daher promotional on the 930 with some points on its real life features.

A good pilot is always learning,
Rob O

24 Likes

You won’t get a better GA Prop aircraft than a TBM. 👍🏻

8 Likes

I completely agree with you, although I’m not a big GA fan. Just a few days back the same question struck my mind, Is the TBM the best aircraft in Infinite Flight and Yes, I think the TBM is the best aircraft in Infinite Flight by miles. Everything about the TBM is amazing. It’s a different feeling when you fly the TBM. It’s an amazing feeling. So in my opinion I do think the TBM is the best aircraft in Infinite Flight.

2 Likes

Definitely the best for me is the B773ER

2 Likes

Definitely in my opinion the best GA in our simulator hands down and possibly the best plane for many of my personal needs !

3 Likes

I’ll be honest, in my own personal opinion I still stand by the B787s as the overall ‘best’ aircraft in the sim considering how well they fly and how stunning they look. I don’t think they’ve been topped yet. That being said, I can definitely agree that the TBM is the best GA aircraft at the moment - and I’d say the best sound pack!
Definitely one of the more enjoyable experiences available

4 Likes

Mine is the 737 Max 8 southwest heart! can’t lie TBM is pretty sauce

3 Likes

I’m ganna post an unpopular opinion - I really enjoy the SuperD, reason being its a tail wheel aircraft and makes for back country flying and off site landings extremely fun!

6 Likes

True! The Super D also needs a cockpit and a big rework! It turns on a dime though!

3 Likes

agreed that is the one of the only things I like on that plane!

2 Likes

I will admit I have gotten more comfortable with the TBM but the 777 and 787 series are my favorite. They handle so well IMO.

3 Likes

TBM the fastest single engine prop plane

1 Like

The engine start up/shut down sounds itself make the TBM one of my favorites.

6 Likes

I still like flying wide bodies, but it’s tough getting them into small fields. For long hauls I’m looking at either of these two for the flight.

Rob O

2 Likes

A true stick and rudder aircraft for low and slow flying.

Rob O

2 Likes

The Cirrus SR22 is personally my favourite :)

However, it needs a rework big time!

I like the TBM930, can be used for a lot if things, I need to use it more in the Sim to be fair.

The best thing about the TBM for me is the Engine start-up sounds 😍

2 Likes

It’s funny how I post this today and as I’m leaving work there a stunning 910 sitting next to my car.

Rob O

6 Likes

IF has the same livery! Very nice plane I’m getting one when I grow up!

3 Likes

Might have to see if it’s for sale tomorrow 😊

1 Like

I’ll agree that TBM is the best GA aircraft in IF.

In November I had the guys in the VA take off from Lukla and we went bush flying. Landing at random airstrips along the way, stopping for photos and after 2 hours we landed at a major airport.
The feedback I got from the guys was awesome. Some of them have never flown the TBM and they loved it. Its a very versatile aircraft capable of doing more than just flying fast!
One of my top 5!

2 Likes