Is southwest keeping the 737 program alive

So I was wondering whenever I see a 737 it is southwest and I don’t see many 737 any more delta at cvg is replacing the 737 with A320 for western routes. And the only big airline who operates 737’s is RyanAir so let me know your thoughts so is southwest west letting Boeing survive in this market

1 Like

Maybe because you’re from the US…
Look at Flightradar. You will find hundreds of other operators.

9 Likes

There was a route at my airport that was an A321 but they replaced it with a 737-8

1 Like

I do understand that thanks but I meant the max program

SWA will always use the 737

5 Likes

The Max 9 only just came out… The max 8 is operated by a couple of airlines

1 Like

Air Canada, Southwest, WestJet has a few, Norwegian runs transatlantic routes with them.

1 Like

SWA did have some 727’s but retired them in 1987
retired the 732 in 2005
retired the 735 in 2016
retired the 733 in 2017
Southwest only use the 737/738
and I think will be using all Max aircraft

5 Likes

SWA has 30 Current orders for the Max 7 and has 235 current orders for the Max 8 with 15 in service.

3 Likes

What? The big three all operate massive amounts of 737s, also Southwest, and Alaska, AA main plane is the 737-800. I don’t really know where your eyes are looking…

There are many operators and potential operators of the 737 max series. Even Aerolíneas Argentinas flies the 737 max.

1 Like

A lot of the low cost airliners in Europe use it! Norwegian Air, Jet2 etc

1 Like

If you don’t already get the app FlightRadar24 you can see almost every plane in the sky. It’s an amazing app and it’s very accurate, I use it all the time!

1 Like

Southwest does not operate transatlantic routes.

I said Norwegian operates them. Southwest is no where in Europe.

1 Like

No, they aren’t. Plenty of other airlines still use them, so it’s nowhere near Emirates and the a380.

1 Like

Its just your airport. United is a huge operator of the 737 as are Delta and American. So dont worry. The 737 is the most sold airplane in history with over 4,000 in back orders currently from airlines all over the world.

1 Like

The 737 is the best selling jetliner in history with a Guinness World Record to prove that. It just recently passed its 10,000 aircraft milestone and it has Way more to sell. The Boeing 737 has hundreds of operators around the world right now and a Boeing 737 lands somewhere in the world every few seconds. As for the Max, it has strong firm orders from many buyers, and has a prosperous future wrapped around it.

In Conclusion,

Southwest, is just a recognizable face in an ocean of airlines when it comes to the Boeing 737 jetliner. If you want to see a sky of Boeing 737s, FR24 will show you 8000+ when looking over America.

Well, I know for a fact that the 737 makes up around 45% of United’s fleet.

There are like 4,500 737 MAX orders lol

1 Like