Is Jet Airways coming back?

Image source

Jet Airways had suspended operations on the 19th of April, 2019. After the mentioned day, there were several attempts made to resurrect the fallen airline, all in vain. The debts on this airline amount to crores of rupees, and it’s not an easy task to have it running again.

However, given the current pandemic situation of the world, every airline is facing difficulties. There are arguments both for and against starting an airline in this situation.

A consortium comprising Imperial Capital, Flight Simulation Technique Center (FSTC) along with Big Charter have placed a bid for Jet Airways, whereas the other consortium is led by Kalorck Capital. The FSTC capital consortium have proposed to restart Jet Airways with 5 to 10 aircraft. These aircrafts would primarily be used to serve metropolitan cities within India.

I came across a video made by a former Jet Airways captain, and thought I would share it here.

On a personal note, Jet Airways coming back would be fantastic. The sheer amount of goodwill and memories I have with this airline is what makes me long to see this back in the skies. There are many pilots, employees and even passengers who wish the same.

While there are still a lot of variables to be considered and people to be consulted before this airline can return to the skies, I keep my fingers crossed for the return of this airline.

Illustration by Tanmoy Chakraborty, which I came across here.

30 Likes

Jetairways shud come back 🤩
Hey jet airways mate

2 Likes

I want to fly jet 777 soon

1 Like

I’ve heard of that airline before. It’s looks great if it can come back

1 Like

Hopefully it comes back !! I just love this airline

1 Like

I wouldn’t the best thing about my experience was the soap in the toilet.

Absolutely! Hoping to see the flying sun logo back to shine in the blue skies. If the FSTC restarts Jet Airways, we would be able to welcome a few aircrafts for the domestic network… all going well, Jet Airways would excel again.

2 Likes

I am really not sure how serious of a restart attempt this all is, and with the tough laws governing aviation in India when it comes to route selection and so on, this defiantly isn’t an easy task, but there seems to be an interest into Jet Airways, at least that’s what this Twitter handle suggests (not sure how serious that is either):

2 Likes

Jet Airways was burried in debts and it is not an easy task to get it back in the skies. There are many permissions and finances required to restart this airline. However, seeing the current pandemic situation of the world, the markets have been affected quite a bit. Coming back could be an advisable option considering the amount of shares that could be sold after the period of this pandemic ends.

There are many variables that come into the picture, it is not an easy task. Would like to see how this plays out.

2 Likes

Indeed, very true points!

Pls remove “?” From the topic heading, change it to Jet Airways is back. I’m sure that the airline will be back in the skies soon ☺️

1 Like

No one knows whether they’re coming back or not @Captain_Sid

1 Like

Nope, I know 😘

2 Likes

Hopefully this will be the final extension and we will get the news soon

2 Likes

We can rejoice I guess!

1 Like

Jet Airways has a new owner! The flying sun may be seen back in the skies pretty soon. Big developments took place today, the video linked below provides more information.

8 Likes

Kalrock Capital-Murari Jalan won the bid for Jet Airways! I am the happiest person now :D

3 Likes

4 Likes

Omg JET AIRWAYS IS BACK!!?!

2 Likes

YES!! More news to follow about from when the actual operations will begin. Domestic will be starting first

4 Likes