Is it worth it to be in IFATC?

Yup IFATC is worth it.

1 Like

I don’t know why many member hate IFATC…

2 Likes

That really doesn’t seem to be the case…

3 Likes

I’ve seen a lot of people who have had negative opinions getting their posts removed. Why is this? The OP asked if it was worth it. Sad that people can’t form opinions these days. If you disagree your censored?

5 Likes

Absolutely…

Not only because controlling is fun. The friends you’ll make in this group are priceless, honestly.

No problem Joshy <3

4 Likes

Highlight, underline, italicize, bold, circle, whatever you need to do to make this point stand out. I’ve been in IFATC for 8 months, and since then, I’ve made so many friends. Without IFATC, I wouldn’t have had a partner for overnighters (@Drummer), someone to talk to about Singapore (and to make me jealous, @TheAviationGallery), someone to talk about Boston, D.C., and whatever it may be (@ToasterStroodie). The possibilities are endless. It’s too bad that some people have to ruin that - oh wait, it’s pure hatred or jealousy. And, if you haven’t experienced it, you should - it’ll make your experience within IF and the IFC better than ever.

5 Likes

If it’s worth it for one thing that isn’t ATC related, your flying skills and knowledge will improve, regardless of how experienced you are. As a controller, you gain a new perspective on IF. When you’re flying instead of controlling, that perspective will now be with you and allow you to fly more professionally fly on ES as you’ve seen the other side of the coin of an active airspace.

3 Likes

Honestly its hard work training for it, but I personally felt that is was 100% worth the effort it took to get in! IFATC Honestly feels like a second family to me! Definitely worth it

1 Like

Going to give here my opinion which unsurprisingly is the same as others!

Yes it is worth it.

You are done from training server as soon as you pass your local practical, but you will never ever stop learning at IFATC. The journey is endless, you will have the ability to meet great human beings as well as real professional and competent people who are always willing to help whoever needs a hand.

I would say my best decision within this simulator has been deciding to apply to IFATC, not only was it a great choice for the sake of fun and knowledge, indirectly it has also helped me to re-shape my english’s skills!

As a sidenote, you can also apply for radar controlling inside IFATC, its a great choice I wont regret either (thanks @RoyalJordanian @CptJu @Aquila)

4 Likes

For those who like Infinte Flight’s air traffic control, IFATC is the right place. About training: whether you’re training using your tracking thread or receiving training from an IFATC Trainer, I can guarantee one thing: you will have a lot of fun. It is not just training to pass a test, but it is learning to control the expert server at a high level. You will remember what you learned in training throughout your career at IFATC (I still remember my training when I control the expert today). The effort and time you dedicate to training to join the team is really worth it.

7 Likes

Well, I imagine IFATC member like, big, muscled guys that anyone isn’t brave enough to face them (that idea was created based in other users opinions), because they are great in what they do and being part of IFATC might worth and maybe more than we think. Just like said, if your love Air Traffic Control, It worth, they seem to be very dedicated.

1 Like

I‘m joying all others. It’s definitely worth if you like air traffic controlling! Sometimes it’s really stressful but even that is fun. :)

1 Like

I think a more accurate description would be “kind, friendly people that anyone can contact at any time with any questions, comments, and concerns that one may have.”

We are always here for our pilots and the community, and we will always be around if you need anything from us :)

1 Like

Yea, after spending some hours in expert server I saw that by myself. Y’all the best in this community!!!

4 Likes

Definitely. Been a top 10 experience of my life! The people there are so sweet and helpful. It’s almost like one big family!

1 Like

Definitely, controlling is a blast, especially with so many great people.

2 Likes

As i was one of the IFATC team in the past this the best part of infinite flight as you feel Realistic and serious, especially in busy airspace you feel like you have to be focused 99%, and the biggest thing that you have learned is, you can use it in the real life.

If you feel like that is not type of your style you can leave at anytime you like.

Always learn something new

1 Like

I’ll link my reply from a similar post:

1 Like

I certainly believe preparing for the IFATC exam is worth my time personally and for others as well, and am currently working on meeting the required ATC operation count to take the entrance exam. Granted there were some issues in preparation and communication at the beginning between myself and IFATC staff members, but regardless of the minor setbacks I am determined to study and prepare!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.