Is it worth 20 purchases

Is it worth 20 purchases for the 737 bbj and the Sofia or not and what does the Sofia do with the telescope

2 Likes

I would say yeah! The SOFIA opens the telescope on 40,000FT and above.

5 Likes

It’s almost impossible for me because once at FL390 your altitude goes haywire.

1 Like

It’s better to buy Live+ instead of 20 purchases

9 Likes

Why didn’t you say so I just wasted 35 dollars

What do you mean the telescope opens, does this work on IF?

5 Likes

Yes, it works

1 Like

Yes I bought quite a few aircraft and regions but then live came out and no I have a year subscription for Live+ it’s a waste of money for me.

Climb to 30,000ft and cruise for a few minutes until you’ve regained speed and then continue your climb to 40,000ft. That’s what I do. It goes haywire because you’re losing speed and by the time you get to 40,000 you’re under 150knts. Trying cruising at 30,000 or 35,000ft. Lower your + VS accordingly as well if you notice your speed dropping.

5 Likes

I did it and I didn’t have any trouble getting to 40,000ft as long as you level off at some point over 20,000ft to gain more speed then you do make it

4 Likes

@Captain_DJ is the best qualified to discuss the Boeing 737 BBJ-1. He loves that aircraft.

Regarding the SOFIA, it is quite unique and has the telescope that opens at 40,000 ft. It has great performance and a unique flight model. All of that put together, I would say it’s worth it. If you are the type to simulate real world flights though, it’s not the same as flying a Air China Boeing 747-8 though. The most realistic thing you can do is circles in SoCal at 40,000 ft.

Those are the two sides and my opinion. It’s you decision which side to take

2 Likes

3 Likes

I would say it is. The 737BBJ is almost like a trophy to me, it kinda shows you’ve put your dedication towards IF.

2 Likes

Thanks well since I got it already I’m flying
#justgotityesterday

1 Like

Well I wouldn’t say wasted necessarily. Any in-app purchases that you’ve made, such as planes and regions, are yours to keep permanently, including any updates to those models (whether physics, scenery, rendering, new cockpits, new liveries, etc). Live+ enables you to use all content for a year without purchasing it separately, but once it expires, you can’t use this content any more (unless you renew live+ or buy the IAP). If you use multiplayer frequently, then Live+ is clearly a better option - but if multiplayer is just a casual thing and you’re only interested in a few planes, then separate purchases are better.

Personally, I love the BBJ and SOFIA; with the recent mentions that global flight will soon be a possibillity, SOFIA will increase in worth. It’s a beautiful airplane on its own accord anyway.

For me as one new to IFF, I think it is worth the purchases. It took me a while but I own all of the airliners and a few other aircraft as well as all the regions. This affords me the opportunity to practice with any aircraft and region I desire in solo helping me to become familiar with regions and airliner characteristics; and they are mine to keep. In terms of the aircraft, I think of the annual subscription as a lease program you can walk away from. They both have advantages.

1 Like

Sure is buddy.

5x20=100. May aswell get live+

1 Like

1 Like

Defently or you could just get a years live subscription which unlocks all regions and all planes