Is it time for a new device?

Using an IPad Pro 9.7 but my battery can’t keep my device alive for long while running Infinite Flight unless I have it plugged in to the charger, if I disconnect from charger within a minute or two It will shut down. I want another IPad any recommendations?

1 Like

iPad Pro M2 12.9 w/ Magic Keyboard and Pencil(2nd Gen)
I would also recommend getting 128gb storage space. Hope this helps! I wouldn’t get this device only for IF, I would also get it, because it can be used just like a computer, which is why I recommend getting it with Magic Keyboard and Pencil!

2 Likes

Yes, I would suggest a new device. I use an M2 2022 11in and it works great; but it’s expensive. I would suggest an iPad 10th gen as it has a respectable A14 chip.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’d definitely go with the iPad 10th Generation. That’s what I have, and it’s amazing. My sister has an iPad Air, which I think would be excessive for this Infinite Flight (plus is more expensive).

1 Like

Yeah I totally agree, sometimes expensive isn’t always the way to go. Before I had an iPad 8th gen (A12 chip) and even then it could run IF on max settings.

1 Like

Go with whatever you can afford. It’s all well and good people recommending the latest iPad pro to you, but the reality is that any apple device within the last 2 years will perform absolutely fine. Get the best your budget allows

3 Likes

Thank you so much.

2 Likes

Also, anything A12 chip and above (weather it be iPhones or iPads) is a good option if you need an old refurbished phone for IF

1 Like

I went from a 9.7" pro to the M1 11" pro last year and it was a night and day difference with the battery but my 9.7" would at least still be measured by hours and not minutes like yours.

As for a recommendation, it depends on what you’d use it for - and I also assume you’d prefer to stay with the same manufacturer.
If you’re just getting something to run IF than a base model ipad (9th or 10th gen) should cut it, they pack solid performance. if you do more with it, then you could look at the air or another pro model.

It also doesn’t need to be a new device - the refurbished/used stores can provide some sweet deals, just don’t get anything too old

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.