Is it still realistic to go to Kai Tak?

I know its a waist of time but is it still realistic to go to kai tak if its closed? I know IF is made for realism or something but going to something close still counts if your flying I mean we can go everywhere

2 Likes

Your choice.

3 Likes

Its not realistic…given the airports closed IRL…but its still great fun!

5 Likes

Maybe fly an old airline or an old livery, you have the world to travel, it’s your choice!

1 Like

I’d say yes and no. For yes maybe if people want to that iconic approach onto 13 and operate historic flights. No simply for the reason that the airport has been shut for over 10yrs

4 Likes

It is an excellent airport to test your landing skills with the infamous approach

1 Like

We have retro aircraft/airlines, so you can fly to Kai Tak.

1 Like

Yeah I’d say it is. But would be more realistic if you used old aircraft or liveries such as the DC10/MD11 or Boeing 747. It’s your call at the end of the day tbh

No, it’s not realistic as the airport doesn’t exist anymore. I think it should be removed from IF.

2 Likes

Although closed…it’s a good airport for pattern work…as long as trolling doesn’t come from vhhh…IMO 🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️🤣

1 Like

the airport was added as an easter egg for those of us in the community that wanted to be able to make the iconic approach.

6 Likes

Infinite Flight is not only about flying realistic routes. You can and I encourage you to discover the retro liveries (rarely used, unfortunately) on planes like the DC-10 and test your landing skills at Kai Tak! Good luck and smooth landings :)

1 Like

If you fly there in an old aircraft, and from an airport that existed back then I’d say yes. Don’t go flying to Kai Tak from Beijing Daxing!

2 Likes

Well no, in real life you’d be plowing through a cruise port instead of landing, but it’s a damn fun approach so go nuts.

1 Like

Definitely isn’t realistic, but it sure is fun! Make the use of it being open in IF, as it has turned into a dock for cruise liners and a sort of museum.

Just let people fly wherever they want :)

Even if it’s not realistic, not everything needs to be that way

5 Likes

If you want realism, fly an old airline and aircraft that flew to Kai Tak.

Also, Infinite Flight is made for whatever you want it to be. Dream on, my dude. Just don’t land on a 25 at PANC and you’ll be good, lol. If you want to fly a United 747 from KLAX to KSFO, I personally wouldn’t do it, but by all means, you do you.

1 Like

Never say that again. That is a sin to the aviation community. Kai Tak will remain in IF.

6 Likes

Yes it’s realistic. You can do flights in IF from any time period, so it’s always realistic! That’s why we have Kai Tak and Berlin Tempelhof, we can do flights from decades gone, because we’re not limited to this one time called the present.

I woudnt even fly a widebody to a very short haul route unless its a 767

1 Like