Is It Possible To Fly Solo Offline?

Didn’t update IF until recently.

Used to ‘fly’ all the time off-line. Without being connected to the internet.

Do I understand now that all flying on IF has to be done in conjunction with a strong wifi signal? In other words one cannot fly anymore with just the downloaded planes and scenery?

I do NOT subscribe to the pro version.

Thanks!

JCH
Ann Arbor, MI

2 Likes

Thank you for contacting Support. At this time Infinite Flight requires a continuous internet connection to use.

As a first version of Infinite Flight on a global scale we have decided to stream our terrain which uses very little data from our testing. In the future it is our desire and plan to support offline gameplay or even the ability to download scenery for “on the go” use. Our ultimate goal is to allow for a versatile experience which allows customers to enjoy Infinite Flight both on and offline. There is not set timeframe for accomplishing this. This update lays the foundation and we base the rest on feedback from our community.

7 Likes

I appreciate the feedback.

Frankly I think it’s not a great idea to foist this change off on everyone- as we don’t all have continuous internet connection.
I mean we used to be able to ‘fly’ the planes and scenery we’ve paid for whenever we want (offline). Now we need wifi.

John Heider

John Heider

1 Like

It kinda does suck, but for now we have to live with it. It’s been said that eventually an offline version will be made available.

We definitely understand the inconvenience and recognize the importance of adding that capability back.

As we introduce this very new global feature, both from a user and development stand point, it was important that we avoided customers needing to download large amounts of scenery but also this allowed us to make improvements on the fly since this is streamed with a constant connection.

Stay tuned for more in the future but for rest assured it is something we want to return. Regards!

4 Likes