Is it possible to deny an Immediate Takeoff?

Hello everyone!
It not rare for me to be cleared for an IMMEDIATE takeoff.

But sometimes, I want to take my time to get on the runway, line-up perfectly, don’t be “stressed” because there is a plane behind me that is going to land, etc…

So, is there a way, in the game to deny an immediate takeoff ?
Even If I have to wait for the plane on final to land, thats not a problem.

As always, sorry for the bad english!
& thanks for reading!

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

But maybe a misc. message saying that I prefer to wait instead of takeoff immediately when there is only a few plane behind me, or even no plane behind,

2 Likes

Oh yes, never thought of that answer!

You can always check the map and wait for the traffic to land then request takeoff

Communication between Pilots and ATC needs to be improved. Cases like this or, requesting intersection takeoffs

1 Like

1 Like

nice to hear! thx

As seen in this video:

The line up must not always be perfect.

Immediate takeoff means that you have to give the first TO thrust input while you were still lining up.

1 Like

In all honesty that’s pretty inconsiderate. In real live if you made a plane go around because you wanted to take your own time to set yourself oh so perfectly on the runway you will not only delay that flight, increase the cost of use(engine wear and tear, fuel and others) but increase the workload of the atc and pilots for what?

In the real world as aviators(not pilots) your skills should be top notch. Usually when the tower clears you for take off, you start doing your pre take off check list as you taxi to the centerline. Then in one fluid motion you slowly increase thrust to make sure all instruments are green and oil pressure and such are good to go. Again, it’s all done simultaneously. Unless you are told line up and wait. You have to be quick. You have to be think AHEAD of the plane and not let the plane make decisions for you. That’s the difference between pilots and aviator

Just my two cents.

Controllers often request you to do an immediate takeoff during a totally unreasonable time frame. In the end you have the approaching plane touching down while the departing flight is still at 100kts and not even airborne. This isn’t realistic either and highly unsafe in the real world and you don’t want that as i recall from your post. Secondly, this is a game where people wanna have fun and this includes “lining up perfectly” because they are enjoying the moment. I totally agree with @CaptainM you should have the option to deny an immediate takeoff. Sorry for the long post. this is not meant to critize you or your knowledge @Erj145 I just wanted to make my/his point clear nothing else :)

1 Like

No, I am not saying that the pilot who want to takeoff have the priority!

No need to do a Go Around, the plane can just land normally and the pilot who denied the immediate takeoff wait a bit more.

1 Like

@LSZH34 In airports like JFK which I have flown into multiple times you will not make a lot of friends taking your time to line up. You have to be ready to go. Yes, with safety in mind, a pilot can tell the atc to standby, but even your captain will get pissed at you for even thinking that you can just take your time and line up At a busy airport. as pilots, when you are holding short your mind is already running through the pre take off checklist because there is a plane on a 8mile final, frequency for departure is already on comm 2 ready to get switched. I have them all my checklists(at least the important ones)memorized and most other pilots do just to ease their workload, but use the checklist as reference. Atc will remember you and when you ask them for certain vectors to cut time they will deny you those due to the fact that you won’t be able to handle the workload. Again, that’s just real life. For the game, I agree with you, but it will vary on airports on longer runways. Goal should be to land on the touchdown markers which give you plenty of space to break and clear the runway as fast as you can.

@CaptainM I totally understand what you are saying mate :) but I feel this will only work in extended runways ex: lax, San Diego, ont just to name a few. This wouldn’t work in a place like st marten, especially if they are flying a 76 and bigger.

1 Like

Yeah I know that. I totally understand that in real world but people play for fun here and in real life the pilot is determined to do his job right. I totally agree with you when it comes to real world aviation.

1 Like

Yeah, I know, in busy airport like KSAN, KLAX, I understand that an immediate takeoff is “normal”; but I am talking about smaller airports or airport without much trafic.

But yes, your are definitely right when you talk about real-life aviation or big airport with a lot of plane waiting :-)

Bringing this topic back up. Had to reject a takeoff because another plane didn’t hold short and I realised I couldn’t tell the controller that im rejecting the takeoff. Would be nice if this would be added soon.

1 Like

Won’t work, one aircraft occupying the runway at a time only. Unless there are aircraft crossing it at different places. You won’t want to take off the top of someone’s vertical stabilizer.

Edit: Changed “Horizontal stablizer” to “vertical stabilizer” oops.

if you see that is the case just start to line up slowely; the controller will ghost the user in question and you will be cleared for takeoff.

I was at 80kts though