Is it possible to climb to 100,000 ft.? If so, which plane and which location?

Are any passengerr jets capable it not then what is. Also does the region matter. 100,000 feet would be a real challenge

1 Like

No passenger aircraft has ever been capable of going over 60,000. Only the SR-71 Blackbird (no longer flying), weather balloons, and spacecraft can go that high.

1 Like

Didn’t that use to be one of the challenges on here. It was to get to 100,000 ft

1 Like

With an F-22.

1 Like

That plane is so unstable you need computer stability controls to control the instability caused by the flights stability control computer

1 Like

8 Likes

Nice! Was that pretty hard (watching your aircraft disintegrate)?

2 Likes

No because I have a lot of f-22. (Infinite)

3 Likes

What about the pilot?

He experienced at least 20000000000g’s lel

1 Like

Your so high the MSL meter just went away.

1 Like

Oh I just ejected myself.

Max Research Sez:

The highest current world absolute general aviation altitude record achieved by a manned Airbreathing jet engine propelled aircraft is 37,650 metres (123,520 ft) set by Alexandr Fedotov, in a Mikoyan Gurevitch E-266M (MiG-25M), on 31 August 1977. (Wiki)
There are no production aircraft in the currant US inventory capable of reaching this height except those air breathers designate “X” which have not flown in years.

3 Likes

But is there and aircraft in our inventory here that can reach 100,000 feet AGL?

1 Like

Duplicate

1 Like

Not exactly. He’s asking with which aircraft you can get to 100000ft.

@Potter. MaxSez. Wes I don’t think anyone can ansewer the question realistically. None of the planes in the IF inventory would meet the design characteristics required for Stratospheric heights of that level. The record breaker was specifically equipped and modified to reach 120+ feet. Think about it. The atmosphere is extremely rare at that height. Air Breathers would need a booster of some kind. There are anomalies with IF aircraft which when performed defy scientific certainties. Fly well and safe in the envelope of the airframe design you choose. That the makings of the “Right Stuff”! Remain curious, learn as you go. Good Luck.

2 Likes

one sec the top photo is a globe shape #GlobalFlight #OMG

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.