Is it okay to do a full or high powered takeoff if the airport is hot, high, or you’re aircraft is heavy

@lucaviness I see you with the SNA video, very nice, very nice, very, very nice.

If you want to see me executing the takeoff in IF, check out my IFATC At Home thread.

5 Likes

We weren’t trying to be mean, we were just nicely correcting you.

2 Likes

Yo I have never flown in or out fo SNA and I feel like I’m totally missing out so I will definitely stop by

1 Like

Me neither.

1 Like

You made no mistake Philippe! You had knowledge and you shared it. That’s what counts! Everyone here is learning every day from all the wonderful people on this forum!

5 Likes

Hi @StormyAviation the below link should help

1 Like

Bit strange of you to put emphasis on ‘never’ and then contradict yourself 🤣

3 Likes

If you’re me, just do a full powered takeoff no matter the runway length of weather conditions. Much better.

1 Like

Well I am trying to be realistic here.

3 Likes

I don’t see it as unrealistic. But then again I don’t care if I’m realistic or not. I guess the answer to your question is just do what you feel comfortable with.

1 Like

Okay then.

1 Like

You could do a static takeoff

It’s rough at full power. Way smoother at the proper N1.

3 Likes

Nice video

Maybe, but it sounds a crap ton better.

Yeah I’m not flying for the sound effects but you do you I guess

2 Likes

They did that on a flight I was on at PHOG, the runway is just under 7000 ft, as soon as we turned on the runway the engines went to “full throttle”

1 Like

Never heard of it. Lol just kidding

MaxSez: Take Off Power Settings for environmental, weight and balance, Rway length ect for commercial aircraft are fully tested and of record for airframes during certification. Full Power settings, condition dependent, are listed in airworthyness documentation and are certified in Aircrew Operational Handbooks available on the Web.

Most if all not all major airlines require Full Power launches to be coordinated and authorized by “Base/Dispatch. (Engine service life/history will be a consideration.)

Full Power takeoffs in the majors are not authorized at Pilots Discretion in the real commercial world.

In IF Pilots discretion is assumed! Noise Abatement is not a consideration:

Cleared for Departure; Rolling Starts from the hold line or from the lineup/wait, stand on dem brakes, TOGA!

Go for it! I prefer assault launches and recoveries in a C-130, it’s exciting, it’s fun and Assault Landings with full reverse thrust is the bomb…LOL

MaxSends

6 Likes