Is it normal that my phone over heats on long flights? If it's bad how can I prevent?

My game flew from Edmonton to Tokyo half way there phone overheated and shut off, what can I do to prevent it

4 Likes

Hi! You may be over stressing your device. The best way to limit this on long flight is pointing your camera upwards in the cockpit so the scenery below doesn’t load in full quality. You also should remove your device case as that can be a large source of stored heat and causing your device to overheat. Brightness lowering and lowering your graphic quality can also assist in this case tremendously. Hope this helps.

9 Likes

What device do you use? The issue may be unavoidable depending on your device.

1 Like

Hey there! To further expand on @infiniteflight_17 advice take a look at this topic for the recommended setting that could help prevent the severe heating of your device!

Happy Flying!

1 Like

Set all your graphics to low (Settings - Graphics)

Enable low power mode (Settings - General)

Set number of planes loaded to none (Settings - Live)

And turn your brightness down

Also pointing the camera up in the cockpit

Hope this helps!

3 Likes

If you have a small fan, or some source of cold air recommended phone in a lot of it that’s what I do as then It gives my Ipad time to warm on approach takeoff etc then the flight it’s nice and cool!

1 Like

I heard low power mode works wonders.

1 Like

Lol. I used to have an old pc heat sink that I would put under it and an old pc case fan that I would point at the heat sink. It was definitely an awful solution, but hey, it got the job done

Also, I’d put this in #support

1 Like

It depends on what graphic settings you’re on phone you’re using. I have an iPad Air 4 and it does tend to heat up a little.

1 Like

Try Ipad Pro Jesus that’s a meteorite right there

1 Like

First put this in #support

Second: what device do you have and what are you graphic settings?

1 Like

Thank you, helped me out alot!

2 Likes

Awsome thanks!

2 Likes

Have you tried the freeze aha! Sounds stupid I know but in freeze for all of 30 seconds or less could cool it down massively

2 Likes

Samsung galaxy 7

1 Like

Ahahahah I was thinking that but for overnight flights I need to figure some out

Ice cold water? Frozen bag of ice bare in mind itll take 45 mins a time to maintain coolness and iceiness

1 Like

As a 2020 iPad pro user, even the iPad Pro can overheat on flights. Although I usually put mine on charge when I fly

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.