Is it normal for 777-300ER to cruise at 43,000? Never acually see someone cruising that high using 777

is it normal? never see anyone flying that high

They can cruise at FL430

1 Like

Sources: trust me bro

4 Likes

The B773ER can be strong enough to cruise at FL430. But mostly never happens because of the weight of the plane when it is loaded

3 Likes

no. typical cruising altitude for said aircraft is between FL300-390. i personally have never seen the B773er higher than that.

2 Likes

Well, I’ve done that just once after a Long-Haul from KLAX to OMDB when I was over Teheran FIR and did cruise for about 45 min of the remaining flight time! But my load then were I think about 20-25%

1 Like

Try and refer to this guide. This’ll help you in terms of weight/cruising. Unofficial Takeoff and Landing Profiles [777 Family]

1 Like

The 777-300ER is a low cruiser. If you take q look at @AndrewWu’s fuel burn chart for the 77W you can get a good estimate of the most ideal cruise altitude relative to your load.

Most 777-300ER don’t go higher the Fl360 or Fl370. This being said they can still fly up to FL400 if you want them too, however, it becomes very fuel inefficient.

3 Likes

Yeah possible but not efficient for the flight

1 Like

Hello! It’s not the best idea to do that. I wouldn’t recommend doing it as the ceiling is 43100, along with going that high can also cause stalls and it is not too efficient for the flight.

1 Like

You’ll never see a 777 flying that high but it is possible . It’s usually A350’s and 787’s on flight radar 24 that cruise that high but still very rare.

1 Like

I’ve been onboard a China Eastern 77W that went up to FL400 before, that was a few years back JFK-PVG and it climbed there over Russia, so more than halfway through the flight. I flew CES 77Ws on that route a lot and that’s the highest it even flew. Usually around 340 to 360 is where it would fly.

3 Likes

Thanks a lot for the reply!

1 Like

No it is not normal, Ceiling for the 77W is FL431, Highest that thing might do on a commercial flight is FL415-FL420. FL350 is a sweet spot for it with what i’ve experienced.

Rare to see the 77W above FL360 irl - weight will typically stop that, and you don’t get much more efficient above 360/380. Just compare the FMC optimal/recommended to your flight plan step climbs and use those.

Man ive seen people fly the CCX/C750 at flight level 51,000. So i wouldnt be surprised.

1 Like

Because the Citation X and the 77W are completely different aircraft with different performance and cabin pressure limits. Just because the SR-71 can go up to 85,000 feet doesn’t mean a C150 can.

Comparing apples and oranges.

2 Likes

I believe thats the top altitude of the B77W.
Its to high to fly at that altitude at least you are at >10% load factor or something like that.

1 Like

Probably not normal because the Actual Cruising Altitude is 35,000ft

Does anyone know if the 777-9 will have a higher ceiling?

1 Like