Is IF Realistic?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

I hate to say it but MSFS is by no means a perfect simulator either. There are many issues with the flight dynamics that have taken developers years to “bs” into making it act like a real aircraft. One of the biggest ones I can think of still is that all the planes still fly like they’re on rails and turbulence is just +/-2G forces added to the plane randomly.

1 Like

Again, unusual attitude, we’re not claiming full support for that. We don’t support wings snapping off, as is the case for most other sims out there. As a matter of fact, I would be surprised if any of the professional sims even supported that as well…

Also, do you have any source for this? Are you absolutely sure that say, a 737, lightly loaded, with a slow roll stopped inverted, would for sure snap the wings off? (We’re not talking about a crazy -10G maneuver here)

If you’ve got any reference material for this, please post them here :)

I rarely do because it’s mostly a waste of time to convince anyone of such things :)

6 Likes

Ehmm what you want
If you win this discussion
Or if you lose this discussion

Quick question for you, have you ever flown a real A380? Often times the larger planes, once flying, are much more responsive than you think. Also, Cessna always seem too sensitive in sims compared to when you actually fly them.

No just no the true
Do you play if sometimes then you Will see that what you said isn’t true

4 Likes

Ceep in mind this is for a mobile platform not dor pc’s with much space for games

Well short and simple is IF realistic. In terms of simulation probaly not. Its not really all that advanced with the controls and all that good stuff we would like to see i. The future. In terms of organization yes, i played fsx in multiplayer and i hate you planes that are just flying all over the place unrealistic ATC and etc. Its disorganized. I have do have addons for fsx and have at least over 470 hours with the 737 so if any question about ask me (off topic i know). But its a game that is getting better and i try to use it for training and other sims for the real deal

1 Like

Again, unusual flight attitude, we don’t focus on those aspects…

1 Like

Since you say you can’t roll airliners, this video must be false. I love this video talking to Tex Johnston

3 Likes

Saw that video on Boeings special.

1 Like

They still look a bit on how fast an aircraft can fly I mean a B737 can’t fly o fast As an fighter in IF

I think this is a good discussion. Arguments can lead to improvements. Matt is providing some good insight and others are providing feedback. It’s all good.

I think Matt’s point is that IF is still relatively new and operating on a mobile platform which has a lot of limitations at this point. Every aspect of realism can’t be 100% represented, but the parts that are most likely to be encountered for normal operations are most focused on.

8 Likes

I have the knowledge of any aerospace classes on lift, it would not completely kill all the lift, and in some cases depending on the airfoil shape, the lift would be unaffected.

1 Like