Is IF overpriced for what you get?

Infinite flight’s price of 10.00$ is quite expensive, compared to a much cheaper RFS which has loads of more liveries and more animations, and better scenery. RFS is catching up to IF. These updates aren’t bad. Quite a few have been amazing. My favorite was the 3D airport update. One of the most exciting updates ever! But things have slowed down. I feel like adding only 1-2 major airports in the USA and Europe just is not significant enough for the price I am paying. I love flying within the US, and I am running out of routes with 3D airports. I only fly to 3D airports and very rarely will I fly out of non-3D airports.
This is just my opinion, and I really do respect the work that has been done to this game and the community as a whole. As much as the game is improving, it is just not enough per update. :/
But anyways, shoutout to everyone that contributes and works their behind off to make updates possible.

4 Likes

I forgot to say that yes IF is still quite a bit better than RFS.

Let’s have a look at this:

While yes, RFS has more liveries, the quality of their airplanes is absolute garbage (they don’t even have realistic cockpits).

With regards to the 3D airports, please remember that the airport editing team are community volunteers and that not many of them are experienced enough to do the large airports (which is why the large majority of airports we see each update are small airfields).

5 Likes

I mean per update… Per update it is 1-2

1 Like

Yes IF has superior quality. I’ll take that over quantity

2 Likes

Fly other routes. Europe has many 3D airports, so does South America and Asia.

IF has better quality in aircraft and liveries. I’ve seen RFS and I’m not impressed. Just checked a video of RFS. The buildings have horrid quality, very low res.

You limit yourself to a niche of routes. Fly to other airports, even if they don’t have buildings. Better yet, you can join IFAET and make the 3d airports yourself.

2 Likes

Look, I’ve complained about this in the past, thought about it a lot. Here is my consensus:

Yes, it’s expensive. Are people willing to pay it? Yes.

IF is a business. Yes, they want happy customers, they want a good product, but overall, they not just want, but need money to feed themselves or families.

Therefore, it is the smartest business decision to set a high price but not push away any customers. This might also be why they haven’t changed their prices in a long time.

10 Likes

My answer is no.
Infinite Flight is unrivaled compared to its competitors, we have a superior ATC, the only one of its kind.
The biggest asset is the IF community.
Alongside better quality aircraft with realistic physics.
And its only going to get better with the ongoing project metal with lighting, 3D airports ever expanding, the weather, radio comms not to mention the sheer amount of accurate knowledge about aviation. Literally every airport known in the world is covered.
And the best bit? Its a flight simulator, that can be played on a smartphone.
It’ll only get better with time with better graphics, better performance, more 3D airports in pipeline (now we have Expert Server Beta)& so much more.

7 Likes

Not every airport in the world is covered…

Put a “yet” on that

2 Likes

Yeah i’ll just wait 8 months till I get accepted to the IFAET I already applied btw

1 Like

Ok, not every single airport but its so well covered anyway.
Not to mention we have Virtual Airlines managed by IFVARB as well the discord platform.

1 Like

And a pretty live community

2 Likes

In addition to that, we have higher quality aircraft models. A quick look at RFS’s website shows models that remind me of some roblox flight sims

3 Likes

Yes ive mentioned the IF community, the biggest asset of all😉

1 Like

They released 120 new airports in 22.8.

2 Likes

I thought it was like half that, i can see the additional editors are showing how large the number can get!

1 Like

They’re talking about major airports. Not a 100 yard long grass strip in mozambique

1 Like

If you feel this way, why don’t you leave IF and play RFS?

3 Likes

And yet there are not many editors that have the experience to do the large airports, which is why the majority of airports we’re seeing added atm are small airfields.

2 Likes