Is IF assistant even worth it anymore?

Hey community. I feel like I needed to say something about this.

Over the past couple of weeks, I’ve been having troubles with the sim. I have had problems such as lag, low ram, and crashes. I think I have traced it down to IF assistant, which I have been using for every flight since I’ve got it.

However I’m getting sick of all these problems, and I would hate to stop using an add on that I have spent money on. But if it keeps ruining the sim, I feel like I should just stop using it.

What do you guys think? Are 3rd party add ons just not worth using now?

3 Likes

That’s your choice, it’s your money to spend and not anyone else’s. If you decide it’s not worth it, then don’t pay for it.

This is one of the top priorities on being fixed so if this is the only reason you don’t think it’s worth it anymore, then I suggest uninstalling it for now if you think it will stop the crashes, re install it after the fix then decide. Only if you think that’s the only reason it’s not worth it. While IF assistant will play a part in this, it’s mainly the memory leak mentioned in the support FAQ. Once again, it’s your money, not ours so if you decide it’s not worth it then uninstall it.

8 Likes

Is there any hard evidence that IF Assistant is causing issues? I pretty much always use it and haven’t noticed any issues on my xs max.

2 Likes

There is not.
Those issues don’t seem to be related to IF-A in any way.

3 Likes

Apps running in the background and other processors use up memory, which can contribute to the app crashes as they are caused by the memory leak trending at the moment. The reason you might not experience them is because the XS max is one of the top notch devices for IF

Not sure IFA to blame.

Most of my crashes have been mid flight, at cruise, long haul rather than anything else. IFA doing nothing at that point in the flight.

I have noticed on my status bar recently that API is often on exclamation symbol though.

2 Likes

I have seen devs say that apps running in the background can cause issues with the sim. That’s why I am thinking IFA might be the cause of it.

Sure they can.
IF-A just isn’t one of them.

These memory leak issues are also being reported by people that aren’t using IF-A and people that have tested with and without the app.
As far as I know there aren’t any issues reported by other IF-A users.

2 Likes

I bought it and it really helped me and made the sim more realistic

3 Likes

Once the issues started I stopped using 3rd party apps, it’s definitely not related as my flights keep crashing with and without apps, despite using the lowest graphic settings, restarting device etc. Even after resetting my device to factory settings I was only able to complete two flights, after that, I experienced yet another crash during cruise. Plus, Android and IOS devices seem to have similar symptoms. It’s a shame that there’s still no fix or any kind of compensation to this.

4 Likes

Well it is a relatively new problem to be fair. Its going to take time for them to come up with a solution.

1 Like

Yep, unless something has changed, this is likely other apps on your system. Which device and which OS specifically do you have? Have you tried turning down your IF graphics if your device is a bit lower than average?

Sorry for taking a bit to respond, I’ve been having lots going on lately. Thanks for the others weighing in here as well!

8 Likes

I use an iPhone 7 IOS 13.3. I have max graphics but with limited frame rate and anti aliasing off.

1 Like

I’ve tried everything to fix crashes and IF assistant and IF operations does not contribute to crashes. I’ve done flight with it crashed, without it still crash. Before update all good. After the recent hot fix it’s been better, still crashes but not as often.

1 Like

My device has 2 GB of RAM. I still use 2 third party apps for my flights but the flights are no longer than 10-11 hours. My settings are medium with anti-aliasing off (looks really nice). I notice the lag you talk about when I pan around the A350 I’m flying but not in the cockpit.

So is IF assistant worth it? Yes!

1 Like

You might want to turn the frame rate limiter on so your device isn’t as pressured performance-wise.

1 Like

Just dropping in to leave my opinion… totally worth it, super helpful, and I have never had any issues. Primarily use an iPhone 8 Plus. Love the call outs on t/o, and couldn’t imagine doing a long haul without the vnav.

2 Likes

Same goes for me, worth every penny I have every feature apart from the passenger call out outs (only because I fly cargo and GA most of the time) and I’ve never had an issue with it. I use a Samsung S9+, for me IF wouldn’t be the same without this add on

1 Like

I use IFA and it works fine for me. I don’t get any lag problems when I’m using it during a flight. Maybe you have too many background apps open that are using up your RAM?

1 Like

I don’t think that IF-A is the problem.IF has been really laggy and always crashing for me lately so I don’t think your the only one with this problem.Lots if people’s games have been crashing even on short hauls!

1 Like