Is Global Really That Important?

I am guessing Futre develpment

It is only as important as you make it.

1 Like

Important? Important!? Will the virtual world exits without it? No. Will I, The Great and handsome Bulba, be here without it? No. Will the puppies in Australia be hit with RC props flying without it? Yes. This is a question that could tear the fabric of time itself apart. Meeting adjourned. Wait mmmhh hmmmm oh ok thanks Hommie Sharko. He stated this. If you need something to light your day you need Glow ball. Hehehe.

5 Likes

Flight director. It’s a nice system that takes the hassle out of today’s flying. You basically tell it what heights you want to fly when you’re over, and in Aerofly it flies your flight plan for you

4 Likes

I’m excited to do some realistic flights in local areas, like CYYC - CYEG, or CYYC - CYVR and things like that. I’m really excited not necessarily for the long haul flights, more for just realistic flights in any area of the world.

1 Like

I would sit down for 3 hrs doing Brisbane to Christchurch but doing long haul flights is cool and same is global flight

1 Like

Yes. This. 😄

I think everyone is most excited about flying out of an airport that is closets to them, flying routes that we’ve done IRL, being able to “stretch our legs” during flights, and LNAV

2 Likes

Well I dont know but with LNAV confirmed you could leave your ipad and watch netflix or something or do homework although i think i will mainly do like 2-3 hour flighs

2 Likes

I’ll be doing mostly domestic with some long haul and unusual destinations.

3 Likes

There are so many ways FDS can grow IF. So many directions. They could go towards focusing on improving terrain, towards focusing on improving weather, towards adding more realism to airports etc. But in the end, it comes down to timing of each one of these.

Right now the platform (mobile) hardware isn’t powerful enough to support a majority of these highly requested eye candy features. FDS has said that a lot of times. The movie Avatar took 14 years to make. In 1997 (if I’m not wrong), they said they didnt have the technology available to make the movie then.

So FDS might have a lot of things on their list, since they can’t work on some things now because of hardware limitations, they can work on other things aka Global.

2 Likes

Hey Larry,

I don’t think you’re being provocative; it’s a great question that invites different perspectives.

Personally I like the option of operating out of my home airfields KCKV and KBNA and flying realistic hops to Atlanta, Dallas, things of that nature.

Part of the enjoyment for me is flying in places that I relate to personally. Since I have family in SoCal, I like flying out of Burbank, Ontario, Van Nuys, and Riverside because it makes me think of them. :)

Global will offer me choices, which is great. I doubt I’ll be flying a 777 from Newark to Mumbai, unless I’m laid up sick at home in bed with doctor’s orders. :)

5 Likes

I guess all of that would be nice. But id still choose global because JNB or CPT or even HKG isn’t in infinite flight and i would really like the fly out of there. I just think this would be a new opportunity for infinite flight and i can back this.

Yes, very important. Look at all the work our editors have done.

Narita Japan as shown taken from XPlane

Without the editing group run by Cameron a lot of the ,
Major airports would look like this. Now you can see from my plot all of the great airports you will be able to fly to ONLY in IF!

7 Likes

There is a serious problem with it. The problem is fds has committed to it and now feels like they must deliver. So it will come, unfortunately everything else has to be on hold until then.

1 Like

It will come and it will be great. Then people will get bored. It is not easy to please all of the people all of the time. Perhaps the ‘secret’ plane will be released soon to keep us entertained until deliverance prevails!

6 Likes

I hate it when people think that people will only use global for long hauls. I’m not going to do any flights more than three hours. At this point, i think global should be FDS’s number 1 priority.

5 Likes

Is this post really that important? ;)

3 Likes

I must admit, I do agree with you.

Think ATC is sparse now? Wait til global comes out. It’s going to kill IF in my opinion. If people want a full global sim, they would get it on PC. The entire reason I fly IF is for the multiplayer/atc aspect, and the ability to do both from laying on the couch. I definitely won’t be flying cross country, but I know there definitely won’t be enough atc to make the game interactive and fun.

If anything, I’d rather see connected regions with airport terminals than to fly over an ocean for 6 hours, or fly over the US on unicom the whole time.

8 Likes