Is a flight that goes around the airport ok in casual service

Hello IFC, sometimes when I am on live flight I see flight plans goeing around the airport and I wonder if that’s actually aloud. Example below. I only see this on casual as a say.
Is it aloud in casual?
If so, is it ok on training or expert?
Thanks👌
Screenshot_20190811-202137
Example of what I see. This was maid by me on solo but not actually used. I never do this.

Yes this is allowed. This is pattern work and the point of it is to get a lot of landings. Works best in a GA plane

4 Likes

Even on training and expert?

1 Like

9/10 times not on expert. Its called pattern work. Atis will say "No pattern work aloud " so on and so on. That means when you takeoff don’t request a landing at that airport. If Atis doesn’t say “No pattern work” Then you can request to do it and in that case you’d have to follow Atc instructions

3 Likes

Means you takeoff with no intention of remaining in the pattern (because it’s not being accepted at the time) , if you takeoff, departing straight out let’s say, and ask for landing you will be refered to the tutorials.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.