IRL job, and how you got into aviation!?

What’s you IRL job are and what are some hobbies of yours without giving private info? How did you become an av geek, and do you plan on getting involved with IRL aviation? I’ll go first.

I have a residential construction company with my buddies before 25, but I come from an extensive weld and fab background. I build race engines/street cars, and I’ve gotten into dirt biking since moving to the west coast! I got into aviation by my own interest at a young age, as I love extensive and technical things (same for building motors and race cars and building houses).
I am currently on track for taking my PPL course this summer, and hope to save for a Cherokee!

I got into aviation through holiday flying. I then started to increasingly get into the whole airport and flying feeling which fueled my free time interest. Infinite Flight + the pandemic did the rest and here we are :)
I have no job yet since I am in my last year of school here in Germany. However, I just finished a 2-week assessment center for becoming a German ATC. I passed and now I only need to pass a medical examination and sooner than later I might be controlling a bunch of flights :D

2 Likes

That’s seriously awesome! I got a lot of respect for ATC, it’s a high-pressure work environment and there’s a lot to controlling air traffic, especially commercially. Would be a very rewarding job. Best luck on your endeavors! Greetings from USA.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot, mate! Good luck to you and your PPL as well! Maybe, just maybe we’ll meet on a frequency one day ^^

1 Like

Line technician at an FBO in the Phoenix area. I got into aviation at a young age since my first flight was when I was 6 months old. Ever since then I have loved airplanes, airports, and all behind the scenes of flying.

1 Like

Ramp Supervisor for an airline in states. Have my PPL and been in aviation and always will be in aviation as my career

2 Likes

That’s a cool job, I kinda envy you lol. You’re lucky getting involved at a young age.

1 Like

I also have my PPL as well but yeah. Didnt have much of a choice

1 Like

Ramp lead for Delta Mainline at SLC. Been in the airlines for around 6 years now, and hopefully finishing my PPL in April. Love being involved with aviation

2 Likes

So I’m actually a senior in Highschool, but I’m a licensed emergency medical responder, I’m taking the nursing assistant state test in 3 weeks, I start an EMT course in a month, I’m applying for my local fire department in May, I was just accepted into college for law enforcement. So now that the first question is out of the way. How did I get into aviation? Well for me I was introduced to aviation through Civil Air Patrol, I currently am a cadet Chief Master Sergeant. I am currently qualified in urban direction finding, flight line Marshalling, ground team 3, and I’m currently the only active mission radio operator in my squadron. I plan on getting my ppl through CAP once I graduate I will start flight lessons. Ironically CAP is what made me want to get into emergency services as a career.

2 Likes

I went thru EMT-B myself right out of highschool, but never went further (like getting paramedic, etc). You are living the dream my friend.

I still remember DCAP-BTLS and a bunch of other random info I haven’t used in years.

i currently work at a place called TEKsystems BUT, I’m currently working towards my private pilots license and I got into aviation when I moved to Illinois and saw huge planes flying over my neighborhood every day and I knew I wanted to be in one of those planes one day, flying over everyone, possible inspiring a future pilot. Fun fact, I still live in the same neighborhood I grew up in, just on the other side of it.

1 Like

Full time university student majoring in aviation. Currently have my PPL and Instrument Rating, working toward my commercial. Hope to be a CFI here in the near future, and eventually make my way to either the airlines or go into the corporate world.

1 Like

I just moved from illinois to the west coast alittle under a year ago! Spent most of my time growing up south of peoria.

2 Likes

That’s awesome!! Instrument certs are impressive imo. Godspeed to your career in commercial aviation.

1 Like

Definitely not the easiest to get, they take hard work, dedication, precision, and some $$$…

1 Like

Everything is only going to keep getting more expensive unfortunately!!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.