iPadOS 13.5

Dear all,
Is it safe to update to the latest OS for iPad ? Can i still fly?

Thank you
Philip

3 Likes

Hey,
it’s always a good idea to update your iPad to the next version. In most cases the Apps will perform the same or even better. There’s no need to fear! 😉

3 Likes

Updating to the latest OS is always a good idea! No need to worry! :D Also welcome to the forum! :)

3 Likes

Just to quickly add to what Georgios said, yes it’s usually safe to update to a subversion of an iOS/iPadOS like 13.5, 13.6 etc. The only time you should be cautious is when updating to a new version altogether, like 14.0, 15.0 etc as the team may not have had the time to experiment with the latest iOS/iPadOS version. In that case, I’d hold off from updating for a little while so the Infinite Flight team can play around with it.

One more thing: If you’re using an iOS/iPadOS beta builds for testing, you should also be cautious about updating to those as it’s likely that they come with issues of their own. In this case, I’d first scout around the forum to see if others have experienced issues with the beta builds.

5 Likes

To add on. It applies to all OS, not just iOS. Furthermore it’s also because those new version builds could cause unforeseen issues with older devices. An infamous one was iOS7 or somewhere thereabouts causing older devices to lose battery very quickly.

1 Like

I always update to the latest iOS, no problem at all
Only game crash after a long flight (which IF devs will address this issue after the update)

1 Like

Dear all,
Thank you for your kind replies. I have now upgraded to the latest iOS and it works perfectly well.

Kind regards
Philip

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.