iPad 7th Gen not charging when playing IF

When playing IF on iPad 7th Gen, the battery does not keep charged when playing IF even it is plugged in. Tech issue with software or IOS issue? Thanks

1 Like

Hello, and welcome to the community!

Your device is relatively new, so I wouldn’t expect there to be issues in terms of battery and charging, but there can be a variety of factors that can contribute and potentially resolve the issue.

1. Charger is not powerful enough: the current generated by your charger may not be adequate to keep a stable charge in your device, and in doing so, may harm your device more than help your device. Make sure you are using the charger that came in the device’s box when you bought it, and double check to make sure it is not broken (wire is falling apart, for example). Your outlet may also need to be checked. If this is the issue, you may need to purchase a replacement charger for your device.

2. High brightness/apps in background: high brightness levels and apps running in the background may overpower your device and nullify a charge from your charger. When away from your device, turn down the brightness setting of your device and make sure to close all apps that may be running in the background.

If the issue persists, I’d suggest taking your device to an authorized device repair shop (if there’s an Apple store in your area, that would be optimal), as there may be an issue with your device’s battery.

5 Likes

Relatable! im having a problem with this too, i also need to know an answer.

Hey, i am playing IF on a iPad Pro 10.5. I am using not the standard charger. I bought a power charger. During the flight i set the brightness to the lowest level. Maybe that works for you. @FlyIf_0011IFPA

1 Like

Hey, i am playing IF on a iPad Pro 10.5. I am using not the standard charger. I bought a power charger. During the flight i set the brightness to the lowest level. Maybe that works for you. @FlyIf_0011IFPA

1 Like

Heyo!!

What charger type are u using? Please also let me know about the wattage and brand please if possible. :)

-Blake

I’d say thunderbolt nailed it here, like he said, close background apps, turn down the brightness, make sure you’re using a 10+ watt charger, and mute your volume while your cruising.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.